Tier 2

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
Gotcha is that what the doctors office told ya or just speculations ? well, I'm in ATL and dealing with her as well, she's been very prompt so that's great you've been having issues contacting her?

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Gotcha is that what the doctors office told ya or just speculations ? well, I'm in ATL and dealing with her as well, she's been very prompt so that's great you've been having issues contacting her?
Yea that's what the office assistant told me when they called me...she does evals on Tuesdays and Thursday's and mainly works from her home office...but she said that she usually gets cancellations so if that happens then she'll expedite me to get in...hope has been awesome! She contacted before I even scheduled my physical...and was checking the system every day once I completed it so she could give me the contact info for my doc out here...I thought I would've had someone as a POC in the western pacific region since that's where I'm at but I'm not complaining cuz she's on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeTangoATC

Feb 25, 2015
Yea that's what the office assistant told me when they called me...she does evals on Tuesdays and Thursday's and mainly works from her home office...but she said that she usually gets cancellations so if that happens then she'll expedite me to get in...hope has been awesome! She contacted before I even scheduled my physical...and was checking the system every day once I completed it so she could give me the contact info for my doc out here...I thought I would've had someone as a POC in the western pacific region since that's where I'm at but I'm not complaining cuz she's on it.

Got my clearance finally! Everything took a little more than 4 months.

5/20 - finished medical appts
6/1 - notified tier 2
7/1 - tier 2 appt
8/17 - DC signed
9/27 - tier 2 cleared/ need another EKG
10/1 - cleared medical

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA

6/1 - notified tier 2
7/1 - tier 2 appt
8/17 - DC signed
10/1 - cleared medical
Oh heck ya!!! Congrats on getting cleared! I bet you feel so much better lol

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
Congrats again Miketango!

Just took the Tier 2 today, I couldn't read this guy at all. All I got out of him is that in 1-2 weeks he'll send it out and he'll email me once he does so I can keep up with it. Waiting begins!

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Congrats again Miketango!

Just took the Tier 2 today, I couldn't read this guy at all. All I got out of him is that in 1-2 weeks he'll send it out and he'll email me once he does so I can keep up with it. Waiting begins!
Was he throwing you off...what couldn't you read about him...lets hope for smooth sailing though...

Meetbob

Sep 17, 2015
He was a bit.
Generally I'm good at reading people he just asked questions and when I would return some questions he would respond very vaguely. But I guess that's what the FAA wants him to do.
He Asked if I was Hotheaded, and if I should or shouldn't trust people <-- things from the first MMPI that he needed explanation for.

I Personally love to know everything and know how things work out so leaving without knowing where I stand is the only negative aspect of todays appointment.
YES!! HOPING FOOR SMOOTH SAILING.

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
He was a bit.
Generally I'm good at reading people he just asked questions and when I would return some questions he would respond very vaguely. But I guess that's what the FAA wants him to do.
He Asked if I was Hotheaded, and if I should or shouldn't trust people <-- things from the first MMPI that he needed explanation for.

I Personally love to know everything and know how things work out so leaving without knowing where I stand is the only negative aspect of todays appointment.
YES!! HOPING FOOR SMOOTH SAILING.
I'm totally the same way...I need to know if I'm good to go before I leave an appointment lol....I'm interested to know how mine goes in a few weeks, I heard this doc is really awesome...so we shall see.

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
To give some insight to anyone needing to do Tier 2 because I know how nerve-racking it was...
From the prior experience bid. Did original MMPI around the first week of June and notified I had to do Tier 3 Mid July. Had Tier 2 appt last week of July and cleared Tier 2 Aug 20th.

I was originally told this would take 2-3 months(the whole tier 2 process) which surprised me it was back and cleared so quickly. However... I didn't find out on Aug 20th. I just found out last week by emailing my Medical POC (the one who notified me about needing to do Tier 2)

i was was refraining in emailing him because I didn't really feel that would get me anywhere. Many people post on here daily how they call HR so I was trying to avoid it but eventually gave in. So I emailed him and he actually responded very quickly and informed me that I had clears tier 2 on Aug 20th, as I had said. However, they are still waiting on my medical screening to go through (huge delay in southern region)

So... Surprisingly, although it may not be the case for everyone; Tier 2 only took roughly three weeks for myself. Just playing the waiting game still. As for the appt itself, well..

You'll probably be nervous and if you're anything like myself have the mentality something along the lines of 'I really have to go see a shrink..?' So when I got to this appt. Just an office with psychiatrist(I suppose that would be his title?) He had me re-do the original 567 question MMPI followed by another smaller version of about 150 questions. After that he asked me my entire life story scribbling notes. Yanno like you see on tv. Then he went over everything that was 'flagged' from the original MMPI. Some of these things were honest mistakes like meant to click true instead of false or whatever. However, some of them you'll actually mean and it took me by surprise as to why they were flagged. One in particular: (estimated) Sometimes at night I lay in bed and think. .. May have been worded slightly different. But that was flagged. Yanno I just meant it as... I'm not tired. I think about my day. What's wrong with that? lol However, for the test purposes.. It points to signs of insomnia/sleep problems, etc.

So, if you're anything like myself, you were probably extremely surprised that you had to do Tier 2. I didn't even think about MMPI after I took it but there I was re-doing it. It's really nothing to worry about. It's questions like this that more than likely caught you up. Things that were analyzed differently than how you intended. The good part is you get to explain yourself. I simply said to the doctor that yes I meant to put true, no I don't have trouble sleeping. I just like to lay in bed and think sometimes. - Anything you wrongly answered by accident, you can change. Anything you were flagged for and meant that answer, just explain yourself.

Just be courteous. Make a good impression and explain yourself and what you meant. This guy isn't the one who gives you a yes or no. However, he is the one who writes a report and basically his recommendation of yes or no to the deciding authority. I don't know if all Tier 2's all the same but I remember prior to mine I was searching all over for information on it so figured I'd share my experience. Best of luck to you guys! Now back to waiting.....
Wow that's a lot of info! Thanks so much for sharing! Hopefully it goes as smoothly for everyone else as it did for you!

I haven't even heard from anyone about scheduling my appt yet. I'm getting a little antsy over here!

Also I never got any notifications from this thread? As the creator wouldn't tap talk tell me when people comment?

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI

6/1 - notified tier 2
7/1 - tier 2 appt
8/17 - DC signed
10/1 - cleared medical
Congrats on finally getting the all clear! I'm sure that's a huge weight lifted!

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Wow that's a lot of info! Thanks so much for sharing! Hopefully it goes as smoothly for everyone else as it did for you!

I haven't even heard from anyone about scheduling my appt yet. I'm getting a little antsy over here!

Also I never got any notifications from this thread? As the creator wouldn't tap talk tell me when people comment?

Yea you should receive notifications to anyone that posts to the thread...I was having glitches with Tapatalk a couple weeks ago where I didn't receive any notifications at all...it was weird.

When were you notified to do a tier 2 and by who?

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Oh right I had the same problem! The notification page was down or something

I was notified when a woman from Roberts office called to set up my physical appt. She said I should be getting an email within a couple of days. It's been 2 weeks and still nothing.

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Oh right I had the same problem! The notification page was down or something

I was notified when a woman from Roberts office called to set up my physical appt. She said I should be getting an email within a couple of days. It's been 2 weeks and still nothing.

I would probably call back to claytons office and see if they forwarded your info down to the eval office and let them know you haven't bee notified about a tier 2 yet. Did you already have your physical done?

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
I'm totally the same way...I need to know if I'm good to go before I leave an appointment lol....I'm interested to know how mine goes in a few weeks, I heard this doc is really awesome...so we shall see.

Do you have to do a tier 2 also?

I've called and left two messages so far so hopefully he gets back to me soon!

Yeah physical was last Wednesday. I'm pretty sure everything was good on that front. He said it all looked fine.

malmaraz

Trusted Member
Sep 30, 2013
San Diego CA
Do you have to do a tier 2 also?

I've called and left two messages so far so hopefully he gets back to me soon!

Yeah physical was last Wednesday. I'm pretty sure everything was good on that front. He said it all looked fine.

Yea I have to do a tier 2 as well...I have it scheduled for the 28th of this month and if the doc has any cancellations she'll get me in...I was notified 2 weeks after doing the MMPI and had to wait to schedule my eval until my physical was in the system before they would give me the contact info for the doc...my POC is Hope Wright in Georgia...she sent me an email with a document I had to print and get notarized to release my results to the psychiatrist...it's a pain and I just want this over with already lol

Sep 30, 2013
Just to update, finally got list of facilites (from Prior Exp Bid) Did Tier 2 late July. Got cleared Aug 20th. So about a month and a half from getting cleared was the timeline. Good luck to you guys, hang in there!

JAMISONB4

Feb 6, 2014
White Lake, MI
Yea I have to do a tier 2 as well...I have it scheduled for the 28th of this month and if the doc has any cancellations she'll get me in...I was notified 2 weeks after doing the MMPI and had to wait to schedule my eval until my physical was in the system before they would give me the contact info for the doc...my POC is Hope Wright in Georgia...she sent me an email with a document I had to print and get notarized to release my results to the psychiatrist...it's a pain and I just want this over with already lol

Oh my gosh I didn't realize you had to do one too! Geeez way to be caught up with myself! [emoji12]

How long after your physical did it take to get the email?

Yeah I spoke with Hope too but didn't get any of her contact info. Robert told me she's the one who deals with all tier 2s.

I hear ya! Hopefully it moves quicker than it has in the past!