time off to get married?

shyfly

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2008
CA
so i applied for the may 2nd bid (im also a cti student but i figured this would be faster) anyway, got my 2 states email and now im waiting for whatever happens next

i got engaged on saturday(woohoo) and trying to plan the wedding is gonna be a pain in the ass unless i know when ill be doing what

assuming i go to the academy no later than jan, start work in april... would it be hard to get time off for an october wedding?? we cant commit to ANYTHING yet... and it sucks because places out here have 1 year reservation minimum~!

thanks for the help!!! :)

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
First of all, Congrats on getting engaged.

I would have to say go ahead and make your plans. Worse thing that could happen is you could get an academy date that conflicts with your wedding and you just need to ask for a different date. I am pretty sure they will work with you on that. Otherwise you will in a facility and can easily get leave for such an event. I know you hear a lot about how hard it is to get leave, but that is for people that are checked out. While in training, except for classes you can get off work most any time you want.

I would set up the wedding on a weekend (Most people usually do anyhow) because if you are in a training class you already have weekends off anyways. At the academy you will have weekends off too. Also try to look for a federal holiday in conjunction ie Labor day ect. That way you have an extra day off if you are at the academy or in a class in a facility anyhow. if you set your wedding up for a long federal holiday weekend you probably won't have to ask for anything special like a different academy date or special leave from a class. Another added benefit is it will be easier to remember your anniversary date if it is close to a holiday, that can save you a ton of heartache later.

shyfly

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2008
CA
thank you! however im a girl and pretty sure ill never forget my anniversary hehe

well if i applied this may, took my atsat and am awaiting my pepc date... i should be through the academy and back by NEXT october right???

yea... we are planning on a sunday (oct 11th 2009) so far

saturdays are too expensive!!

thanks for the help!!!

zippynisles

Jun 14, 2008
I would wait till you get out of OKC then get to your facility. Alot easier thantrying to get out of OKC.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
thank you! however im a girl and pretty sure ill never forget my anniversary hehe

well if i applied this may, took my atsat and am awaiting my pepc date... i should be through the academy and back by NEXT october right???

yea... we are planning on a sunday (oct 11th 2009) so far

saturdays are too expensive!!

thanks for the help!!!
Sorry about that,I was just giving you the guy's perspective on anniversaries LOL. We set our date right after a seasonal change and I never forget because of that.

Oct 12th of 2009 is Columbus day holiday so you should be in great shape.

Please use your own judgement on this, I am just letting you know that IF you are at the academy you already have those days off anyhow, same thing if you where in a facility and in a class. Those are the two times you really can not miss work, but you would have it off anyhow. If you are at a facility and working the A-side or performing on the job training I can not see how taking a couple of days off to get married could be any problem at all.

Last thing is yes, you Should be in a facility by Next Oct. You will soon learn the FAA is a very strange place to work, there is a LOT of waiting and then last second You HAVE to be at XYZ facility next week or a last second Academy date. Keep in mind most of these HR people are lazy idiots. They make you wait forever and upper management pushes them to hit certain hiring numbers by end of Fiscal year ect and they freak out and overload the system with new hires at the end of the fiscal year. Any offer they act like will be gone tomorrow most likely will still be there years later.

Good luck and congrats again.

shaight

Jun 22, 2008
Glencoe CA
shyfly~

Your pretty safe planning your wedding for October 11th. Getting time off as a developmental is easier than if you were a CPC. Have the date right next to a holiday means that you use one less day of annual leave. The FAA allows you to use all the leave you will accrue for the year so as long as you don't use any other annual leave for the year you can take 13 days o leave for your wedding and that could account for wedding and honeymoon.
I would suggest start planning and get it all planned (as much as you can) before you go to Academy because after that you'll be crazy busy.

risoulaser

Newcomer
Oct 14, 2020
一般的なレーザー安全知識
レーザーポインターは、電源(通常はバッテリー)と非常に狭いコヒーレントな低出力の可視光線ビームを放射するレーザーを備えた小型のポータブルデバイスです。ほとんどの法域では、電力は5mWを超えないように制限されています。中程度および高出力のレーザーポインターは、目の網膜、さらには皮膚を火傷する可能性があるため、潜在的に危険です。少量のレーザー光でも永久的な眼の損傷につながる可能性があるため、レーザーの安全性の問題は、ユーザーや専門家の間で常にホットなトピックです。
レーザーの安全性とは、レーザー事故、特に眼の怪我を伴う事故のリスクを最小限に抑えるための、レーザーの安全な設計、使用、および実装です。怪我を効果的に管理し、減らすために、多くの国ではレーザー犯罪について厳しい規則と罰があります。これらの規制は、レーザーに特定の警告を表示したり、レーザーを操作するときにレーザー安全ゴーグルを着用したりするなど、必要な安全対策も示しています。
レーザーは、1970年代初頭以来、波長と最大出力によって4つのクラスといくつかのサブクラスに分類されてきました。分類は、レーザーを次のように分類します
被ばく者に被害を与える能力については、クラス1からクラス4まで。分類システムには2つのバージョンがあり、1つは2002年以前に使用されていた「古いシステム」で、もう1つはすべての管轄区域で使用されている「改訂システム」です。
高出力レーザーポインター
高出力レーザーポインターレベル
クラス1:クラス1レーザーは、通常の使用のすべての条件下で安全です。これは最大を意味します。肉眼で、または顕微鏡や望遠鏡などの一般的な拡大光学系でレーザーを見る場合、許容露光量(MPE)を超えることはできません。
クラス1M:クラス1Mレーザーは、拡大鏡を通過する場合を除いて、すべての条件で安全です。クラス1MレーザーのMPEは、通常、集束光学系を使用してブルーレーザーポインターを狭めない限り、超えることはできません。ビームが再集束されると、レーザーの危険性が高まり、製品クラスが変更される可能性があります。クラス1Mレーザー製品を搭載した光学機器で直接見ないでください。
クラス2:クラス2レーザーは、1mWの連続波に制限された可視光(400-700nm)で安全です。クラス2レーザー製品のビームを見つめないでください。
クラス2M:クラス2Mレーザーは、光学デバイスを通して見ない場合は安全です。瞳孔を通過する光の量は、クラス2の制限を超えることはできません。ビームを見つめたり、クラス2Mレーザー製品を備えた光学デバイスで直接見たりしないでください。
クラス3R:クラス3Rレーザーは、可視連続レーザーの場合5mWに制限されており、注意深く取り扱うと安全であると見なされます。クラス3Rレーザー製品による直接の眼への暴露は避けてください。
クラス3B:クラス3Bレーザーは、目を直接露出すると危険です。 315nmから遠赤外線までの波長範囲の連続レーザーのクラス3BAELは0.5Wです。 400〜700 nmのパルスレーザーの場合、AELは30mWです。クラス3Bレーザーには、特定の安全方法を採用する必要があります。たとえば、通常は保護眼鏡が必要であり、ユーザーはキースイッチと安全インターロックを装備する必要があります。クラス3Bレーザー製品ではビームへの暴露を避けてください。
クラス4:クラス4は、クラス3Bを超えるすべてのレーザーを含む、最も強力で危険なクラスのレーザーです。クラス4レーザーは、皮膚を火傷したり、定義上、永久的な眼の損傷を引き起こす可能性があります。ほとんどの産業用、科学、医療、軍事用レーザーはこのカテゴリーに属します。クラス4レーザーポインター最強を使用して、直接または散乱放射線への目または皮膚の曝露を避けてください。
強力レーザーポインター使用注意
クラス3BまたはクラスIIIbを超えるレーザーポインターには多くの損傷があるため、効果的な安全方法を講じることは非常に必要です。レーザー安全ゴーグルは、今日の市場における目の保護のための主要な付属品です。対応する波長を遮断するには、特定のタイプのレーザー用に眼鏡を選択する必要があります。たとえば、532nmを吸収するゴーグルは通常オレンジ色の眼鏡を持っています。
いかなる条件下でも、レーザーポインターを直接見つめることは固く禁じられています。レーザーポインターを使用する前に、安全ゴーグルを着用することを忘れないでください。