Timeframe After Selected

Kihiah

Rookie
Oct 27, 2009
What is the average time from being selected to going to Oklahoma? I've heard it can vary but mainly I guess just trying to find out the earliest I would go if I got picked up of this board.

csampson

Newcomer
Mar 31, 2010
California
Sounds like it really depends on if you get picked for tower or en route. Tower - years, en route - 9 months to a year or so.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
Sounds like it really depends on if you get picked for tower or en route. Tower - years, en route - 9 months to a year or so.
You're backwards there, Terminal is generally quicker than enroute. I've heard terminal people getting picked up and in the school house in 6 months, but that is not the average. Haven't heard the same for enroute, but that doesn't mean it couldn't happen. But honestly, no one on here can tell you how long you will be waiting, there are so many different factors that can effect your process.

My recommendation is to keep in touch with you HR rep, stay fresh on their mind but don't annoy them, and get your appointments (physical, mmpi, interview, etc) done as soon as you can. After that, it's all in someone else's hands. Good luck

marklar84

Jul 7, 2009
U.S.A....U.S.A.....U.S.A.
Here we go...another thread about this topic:

I heard of some going in August from a March panel....but they weren't OTS or CTI.

I was March CTI panel, going to class in November....so 8 months for me in a terminal slot. There was one guy going to my same facility a class before me so he went in 7 months. From what I have seen, this is not normal. I would say at the earliest, you will be heading to OKC 1 year from applying.

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
I know someone that was selected and at the facility of work in less than 3 months. On the flip side, others have taken 2+ years. Centers take forever. ZNY is notoriously long, for example.

Kihiah

Rookie
Oct 27, 2009
Pushing for Denver Center, the way my situation is and personal reasons I would be much happier not going until the summer at the earliest.

mikecoyne34

Senior Analyst
Nov 19, 2009
D10
yup yup, its not a bad thing for me, I had a baby in the meantime and I wouldn't trade him to go back and do a redirect.
I don't blame you, if that's the place you absolutely wanted to be, there is nothing wrong with waiting. You'll be much happier in the end, but you know that.

alzy

Senior Analyst
Jan 21, 2010
Earth
What is the average time from being selected to going to Oklahoma? I've heard it can vary but mainly I guess just trying to find out the earliest I would go if I got picked up of this board.
1 year, 2 months, 13 hours, 43 minutes and 24 seconds exactly. Don't worry about where I got my numbers. It's scientific. Trust me.

riggs2820

Newcomer
Oct 17, 2009
OTS, selected March 2011 Panel and I am currently at the academy (started last week). Things went pretty fast for me, but I understand that my short wait is uncommon.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Things went pretty fast for me, but I understand that my short wait is uncommon.
Yeah. Better keep your head down before some grumpy CTI grad comes after you.

Unless you have prior experience, expect a minimum of a year's wait from your initial application date, and up to 2-3. I took 2.5, but things have been improving.

skyway172

Rookie
Jun 22, 2009
Wow, 2014 dates huh? I applied for FL/GA May 2010 CTI, TOL to ZMA May 2011, Still no class date, all I heard from HR is "it will be after Jan2012", wish I knew what type of time frame I was looking at so I can plan my time accordingly. I wish they sold an express pass like they do at Universal Studios.

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
For what it's worth, I know 3 people who graduated from CTI in May 2010 and were at their respective facilities in less than a year.

SCOPED

Senior Analyst
Nov 21, 2010
Gods Country, Alaska
I know someone that was selected and at the facility of work in less than 3 months. On the flip side, others have taken 2+ years. Centers take forever. ZNY is notoriously long, for example.
Another pic Marcia. I have 9 ZNY people in my class and several/all were selected in march. About 35% of my academy class graduated in December and are at the academy now. We have 4 people that waited 2.5-3yrs from ZMP and ZOB. Things are going quicker now with the expanded class sizes of 18 up from 12.