TOL From August 2016 Bid Post Here.

angelorozco101

Oct 27, 2011
🇺🇸
Got an email back from my HR rep. This process is obviously wearing on them. I sent my paperwork to the official email and sent a copy to her plus a couple questions I had. I got a very short reply saying in the future only send paperwork once or it will cause a delay. She also told me no switching it's based on the agency need.
When did you email it in?

sailor_pianist

Trusted Member
Jan 10, 2010
Nowhere
Got an email back from my HR rep. This process is obviously wearing on them. I sent my paperwork to the official email and sent a copy to her plus a couple questions I had. I got a very short reply saying in the future only send paperwork once or it will cause a delay. She also told me no switching it's based on the agency need.
It's not the process. They're just rude. I received a similar response about changing specialty.

sailor_pianist

Trusted Member
Jan 10, 2010
Nowhere
If you're in any kind of customer service position, you're going to get the same questions everyday. It's no excuse for being a jerk. The fact is they have let people switch in the past, so it's a legitimate question.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
They haven't let people switch in years. The only people that switched are people that were asked to voluntarily switch by hr because they needed to fill classes.

mvilla87

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2016
Everyone should just let HR do their job. No one has switched in years and if you look at the forums you can see that. If you are sending multiple emails then you probably are slowing them down because they will have to look at your file twice and chances are you aren't the only one who sent more than one email.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sierra Kilo

Dec 29, 2016
So, in other words, they let people switch.
Not as you may be imagining it. They weren't allowing people to switch if they requested it. The swaps were offered since one of the training routes (enroute or terminal, can't remember) had an instructor shortage and class backlog. To keep classes going, they let a very small number of people change tracks. Completely random if you got offered this.

mrobs15

Trusted Contributor
Dec 11, 2012
Orange County, CA
Pretty sure HR has nothing to do with what specialty you get. I think when they are selecting people at the ATO they just go down the list and give 1 person enroute and the next terminal so its fair.

sailor_pianist

Trusted Member
Jan 10, 2010
Nowhere
It was never stated you could. The point I made was they let people switch. You inferred incorrectly that it was because people wanted to. My point was if HR let people switch in the past, (regardless of why) they shouldn't get sour when new applicants ask.

Sierra Kilo

Dec 29, 2016
It was never stated you could. The point I made was they let people switch. You inferred incorrectly that it was because people wanted to. My point was if HR let people switch in the past, they shouldn't get sour when new applicants ask.
How exactly was HR "rude" to you? Serious question.

sailor_pianist

Trusted Member
Jan 10, 2010
Nowhere
I'm happy to send you the email if you'd like to see it, SK. Their tone is horrible in emails, but I will say the lady who returned my call was very nice, so I know it's not all of HR. My HR rep stated (and I'm putting it nicely) to take it or leave it. Which is cool with me. Fortunately, I'm in a position to "leave it". But considering many of their applicants have put their lives on hold for this job for years, it shouldn't kill them to be decent human beings and answer questions without being "short" (as the above poster mentioned).

gsujake

Trusted Member
Nov 29, 2011
I'm happy to send you the email if you'd like to see it, SK. Their tone is horrible in emails, but I will say the lady who returned my call was very nice, so I know it's not all of HR. My HR rep stated (and I'm putting it nicely) to take it or leave it. Which is cool with me. Fortunately, I'm in a position to "leave it". But considering many of their applicants have put their lives on hold for this job for years, it shouldn't kill them to be decent human beings and answer questions without being "short" (as the above poster mentioned).
El Oh El

Kcwarner

Oct 7, 2012
Kansas
Well now that that's taken care of.. today's a week from the first round of CTI TOLs.. wonder if any stragglers will come out this week.