TOL While Working Overseas/deployed?

AK02

Apr 8, 2012
Just was curious to see if anyone has any experience with receiving a TOL while working overseas/deployed? Once you receive your TOL you have all the appointments and whatnot to take care of and obviously would not be able to. Just wanted to see if anyone has or knows anyone that has been in this boat and what they did. Were they able to just wait until they returned? Thanks in advance for your insight.

PimpingTin

Newcomer
Apr 21, 2014
Just was curious to see if anyone has any experience with receiving a TOL while working overseas/deployed? Once you receive your TOL you have all the appointments and whatnot to take care of and obviously would not be able to. Just wanted to see if anyone has or knows anyone that has been in this boat and what they did. Were they able to just wait until they returned? Thanks in advance for your insight.
Come home and take care of your appointments.

kgifford

Newcomer
Mar 20, 2014
I'm currently living overseas and waiting for a TOL. If I get one, I'll have to call and find out if it's possible to do any of the tests overseas, at an embassy or something. Otherwise I'll be flying back home like I did for the AT-SAT. I'll let you know if/when I get my TOL.

kgifford

Newcomer
Mar 20, 2014
Just spoke to my recruiter about this. She confirmed that the medical clearance has to be done in the US. I will be flying back to take care of things in the next week or two.

Jul 8, 2014
UT
I received the TOL-"Lite" and I am currently deployed overseas. Since the projected date for me is in 2015, I hope I don't have any conflictions, but I am CERTAINLY paying very specific attention to what I need to do so I don't rule myself out. I am keeping my leadership informed to make sure if anything comes up they will work with me if anything happens to come up. I would like to hear more from anyone else in this situation and what they are doing.