TOLs from June 2017 Bid

Sosac21

Jul 17, 2016
Re: TOLs from July 2017 Bid

Studying your ass off, but yet can’t read 3 threads down to read the information needed [emoji1603]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Calling you out for making an absolutely pointless thread makes us miserable in life? There is already a thread for this bid. Creating more threads just makes it more confusing for people trying to find information.
I'd argue that it makes it less confusing. If you don't come on the forum very often, and you log in to find a thread that's 100 pages long, do you really have the time or desire to wade through all of that? It's no wonder people ask the same questions that have already been answered. Some threads grow to be too large with too much information spread out over too many pages. As someone who logs in only once in awhile, if I see a thread titled "July 2017 bid TOLs" it saves me a lot of time and headache then to have to go through hundreds of pages that may or may not be relevant. Just my opinion. But really, its *these* posts like yours and mine which needlessly bloat the forum. Just ignore the thread and move on. It's not that big of a deal lol.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
newbie here.... ive been searching the threads and cannot find any concrete info. looking for some insight...

what are the chances of getting a FOL after receiving a TOL ?

also anyone receive a TOL and get disqualified? if so, why?
100% unless your disqualified along the way. But you are in until you fail something at this point.

boots

Jan 6, 2017
I'd argue that it makes it less confusing. If you don't come on the forum very often, and you log in to find a thread that's 100 pages long, do you really have the time or desire to wade through all of that? It's no wonder people ask the same questions that have already been answered. Some threads grow to be too large with too much information spread out over too many pages. As someone who logs in only once in awhile, if I see a thread titled "July 2017 bid TOLs" it saves me a lot of time and headache then to have to go through hundreds of pages that may or may not be relevant. Just my opinion. But really, its *these* posts like yours and mine which needlessly bloat the forum. Just ignore the thread and move on. It's not that big of a deal lol.
No, i would use the nice search function that the website has to find an answer instead of create another thread on something that has been answered hundreds of times probably.

Jabberfest

Trusted Member
Mar 25, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
No, i would use the nice search function that the website has to find an answer instead of create another thread on something that has been answered hundreds of times probably.
Yeah, because searching for "TOL" certainly won't pull up hundreds of posts right? Lol. And there's nothing to answer, she didn't ask a question. This thread could just be for those who got TOLs (such threads have been made for past bids). People in the 7/7 bid thread are already getting annoyed that those with TOLs aren't the only ones posting.

Babs85

Nov 9, 2016
PIT
Thank you! But what are some of the major disqualifiers ? Are there people who got a FOL with some questionable things from their past? My concern is financial hardship...
That's been a hot topic over the last year and a half. Any debt you have right now that's delinquent or in collections, contact the company who holds it and start payment plans. Even if it's $5/month. The FAA will want to see your attempt to pay on your debt and you will need to be making payments and have proof of it as well.

32andBelow

Senior Analyst
Jan 20, 2011
Thank you! But what are some of the major disqualifiers ? Are there people who got a FOL with some questionable things from their past? My concern is financial hardship...
Google finacility check federal security clearance or whatever. Tons of stuff will come up. Having debt is fine. Having defaulted major debts is not fine.

archer

Jan 8, 2016
newbie here.... ive been searching the threads and cannot find any concrete info. looking for some insight...

what are the chances of getting a FOL after receiving a TOL ?

also anyone receive a TOL and get disqualified? if so, why?
As long as there is nothing that disqualifies you medically and nothing is in your background that prevents you getting a security clearance its pretty much 100% guaranteed. Just be sure you meet all the deadlines to turn in stuff for your TOL and CIL when you get it.

pilotgirlie

Newcomer
Aug 30, 2013
I got mine! 7 years waiting, CTI grad, three days before I aged out. Here's the kicker: I'm 5 months pregnant. Womp Womp. Guess I won't start for another year. I don't mind. I'm in!! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!!

Babs85

Nov 9, 2016
PIT
I got mine! 7 years waiting, CTI grad, three days before I aged out. Here's the kicker: I'm 5 months pregnant. Womp Womp. Guess I won't start for another year. I don't mind. I'm in!! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to me!!
You'll give birth long before you ever see the academy. Congrats on all though lol

jake.albano

Newcomer
Oct 3, 2017
BAY AREA
www.facebook.com
entirely new to this whole process. actually this is my first comment I've every written on Stuckmic. I just got my TOL email and emailed the signed acceptance/applicant info documents back.

Now what?
I have very little comprehension of all these abbreviations and terminology being used throughout this website. lol Complete idiot just going through the process one day at a time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as introductory info, being the FNG?

Thanks in advance

Babs85

Nov 9, 2016
PIT
Is it too late to start now? Any idea if bankruptcy would be a better route or just to contact creditors on my own. :(
There's no time like the present. I have no idea on if filing for bankruptcy would or would not be the best choice for you. If it was me I would just contact the creditors and get payments rolling. If all you can afford is $5/month then so be it. If they don't accept that then see what their minimum offer is. At worst, if they won't work with you just tell them you really can't afford anything more at the moment. Send them a check for whatever you can afford a month and when they cash that check you can get a copy of the processed check from your bank and turn that in to your security POC, or the investigator that you will most definitely be having an interview with. If you want to PM me and discuss more you can.

Jayfay

Rookie
Apr 16, 2017
Why did you make a thread?
you might possibly be the most annoying person on any of these threads.. why would you try and prevent someone from asking a question... I can only imagine the amount of stupid questions you’ve asked in the past.

boots

Jan 6, 2017
you might possibly be the most annoying person on any of these threads.. why would you try and prevent someone from asking a question... I can only imagine the amount of stupid questions you’ve asked in the past.
Just checked the first post. Did I miss someone asking a question?

Arthurfrancis2

Jan 11, 2017

Hey guys I got a TOL do you think I have enough time to do another semester of college before I go to academy? The semester ends in may

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

boots

Jan 6, 2017

Hey guys I got a TOL do you think I have enough time to do another semester of college before I go to academy? The semester ends in may

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
You should. I got my TOL near end of February this year and was at the academy in May though. I imagine it's a little backlogged though currently.