Too Fat to Fly

phillyman2633

May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
The article doesn't skew towards a pilot being "Too Fat to Fly," it's that many people who are that overweight tend to have some form of sleep apnea present. This should have always been on the AME's checklist for issuing a medical, since the Flight Physical is a 1-on-1 anyway. The I'M SAFE checklist is supposed to be performed prior to every flight, and conceivably someone with sleep apnea would probably fail that self-checklist more often than not.

nhstadt

Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Look at you with your "safety" and "checklists".

Loser. You think Wiley Post used the IM SAFE checklist? hell no. That dude hopped in a biplane and flew into barns yo.

C

charliezuluatc

Their logic is flawed. If you have a BMI of 40 you will be checked for sleep apnea. If you have a bmi of 40, I seriously doubt you will even fit in the cockpit, let alone the seat. Then they want to eventually move down to a bmi of 30. Then they want to check controllers. Where will they find the funding and the time to do such.
Reminds me years ago, a local flight surgeon failed people who took statins because the doctor had a side effect.

SirMario

Apr 15, 2010
Its time to hit the gym and start cumming day and night![video=youtube;iMjG2s6UOaw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMjG2s6UOaw[/video]

NovemberEcho

Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
The article doesn't skew towards a pilot being "Too Fat to Fly," it's that many people who are that overweight tend to have some form of sleep apnea present. This should have always been on the AME's checklist for issuing a medical, since the Flight Physical is a 1-on-1 anyway. The I'M SAFE checklist is supposed to be performed prior to every flight, and conceivably someone with sleep apnea would probably fail that self-checklist more often than not.
This is bullshit government interfering with my God-given right to fly/control without a good night sleep! Good thing I can open-carry to help convince that doc what to write!

nhstadt

Mar 24, 2011
south "Murica
Nah he's just one of those people who should never own a gun because he thinks its a cure for a miniscule dick and no balls, or brain for that matter.

phillyman2633

May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
This is bullshit government interfering with my God-given right to fly/control without a good night sleep! Good thing I can open-carry to help convince that doc what to write!
NE, you can just chew on a bag of dicks hahah and eff open carry. I mean it should be allowed if you wanna, but guess who's getting shot first when someone decides to go apeshit?

the reason for the title is this Too fat to fly | Fox News Video
That's BS, inflammatory reporting then, looking for shock views more than anything. F you Fox News. Right after I'm done effing ABC/CBS/NBC/CNN/MSNBC/LOL/OMG