Tower Cab Training Material (Academy)

J

Josolavid

Here is an actual Lesson Plan (LP#8) for Tower Cab Training at the Academy. There are a total of 29. The LP attached here is on Tower Visibility (= a pretty tough test that every tower controller must pass before moving on to his/her facility & if I recall correctly...this will be the 1st graded test). If anyone finds this material useful and/or would like the rest of the lesson plans, just let me know. I'll do my best to get them to you. I tried posting more of them on here but was unable (perhaps due to size???).

Attachments

jonieison

Rookie
Sep 22, 2008
Here is an actual Lesson Plan (LP#8) for Tower Cab Training at the Academy. There are a total of 29. The LP attached here is on Tower Visibility (= a pretty tough test that every tower controller must pass before moving on to his/her facility & if I recall correctly...this will be the 1st graded test). If anyone finds this material useful and/or would like the rest of the lesson plans, just let me know. I'll do my best to get them to you. I tried posting more of them on here but was unable (perhaps due to size???).
Josolavid
Cool - thanks for the doc. I sent you a PM can you send the other files (perhaps a zip file).

Thanks.

jonieison

arons440

Newcomer
Feb 11, 2009
Houston
word from the wise: memorize the reportable values chart in fraction and meters. Other than that, it's universal info, so once you grasp it, the basic info is the same every where. All you are doing is looking a different horizon for different facilities.

The Heatles

Loving Life
Jun 15, 2008
Miami, FL
quick question...what is the format of the exams which are given at the academy?
tests are multiple choice and straight forward.

word from the wise: memorize the reportable values chart in fraction and meters. Other than that, it's universal info, so once you grasp it, the basic info is the same every where. All you are doing is looking a different horizon for different facilities.
At the academy they give you the reportable value chart so u dont need to memorize it.

redner51

Rookie
Apr 21, 2009
id suggest not getting too into that before you go down cause you skip over A LOT of stuff in class but i do suggest memorizing the airport layout you will deff need that after your done the academics part

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Just a little info we get these in CTI schools but the FAA is very clear on public distribution of these ATBs. They consider them intellectual and propriety information, they tell the schools not to put them in digital format and will be held responsible for the material they are given by the FAA. Further more there are some chapters that are considered not for public eyes and we do not even get them in the CTI books. So just be careful what you post because the FAA does look at this site.

ATCElp

Newcomer
Feb 22, 2010
TPA-OKC-ELP
I agree with rogersjf I'm currently at the academy and can tell you that I know for a fact that one of the instructors gets on here and reads all the posts, I know you mean good by helping others out but just make sure you cover your @ss too. Most of the stuff we learn can be looked up in the 7110.65, but there may be some information that isn't and shouldn't be distributed. :D

luke

Newcomer
Dec 22, 2010
I am very interested in the rest of the lesson plans. I downloaded this one and would like to get them all.

jermscentral

Mar 1, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I am very interested in the rest of the lesson plans. I downloaded this one and would like to get them all.
Download the 7110.65. It's the same thing but without the pictures.

Trust me, there is absolutely ZERO reason to get the lesson plans (which amount to 8" of paper when stacked) before you go. If you learn --or try to learn, as it were-- the material before you go to class, you'll either be completely lost or completely bored.

JetDX

Newcomer
This may be a dumb question but I figured I would ask. If your going to the academy for terminal do you have to memorize and draw that crazy airspace map or is that only for enroute?? I had to draw it for CTI school so I know its not to bad, but figured I could take another look at it now if I was going to have to draw it again.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
This may be a dumb question but I figured I would ask. If your going to the academy for terminal do you have to memorize and draw that crazy airspace map or is that only for enroute?? I had to draw it for CTI school so I know its not to bad, but figured I could take another look at it now if I was going to have to draw it again.
You only have to memorize the airport.