Tower Class Study Materials

jetgirl4

Newcomer
Mar 7, 2011
Denver, CO
This may be a stupid question but I just need to know...in your journal what is the PV? I keep hearing about it but no one has ever told me what it is exactly.

pghkid

Newcomer
Jan 9, 2012
You realize people got fired for takin pictures of some things at the academy right?
That's why I wanted to ask before doing it. The people I heard got fired for taking pictures were taking pictures of the CTO test. Are there other stories that I missed?

smitty16s

Trusted Member
Jan 23, 2009
Don't waste your time with this stuff. You will learn everything you need to know when you get here.

dcmac

Newcomer
Jul 13, 2014
Thanks 172PT. That's some good stuff, it's just what the Doctor ordered. What facility are assigned to and how is training going? I have a class date of 10 Sep 2014 and will be assign to JAN Twr Ms, up/down.

HenryTheAce

Jul 21, 2014
ZMP -> D21
Reviving a thread from the dead, nice!!! I'm EnRoute though man, can't help ya. I'm sure a tower flower will be able to help ya though (oh now don't go getting all offended on me terminal)

rprescher

Newcomer
Aug 2, 2013
I've been looking for things to study in the time before my start date. Is there anything that I should know ahead of time? I haven't studied this stuff in a really long time and want to brush up. Is there books I should go out and get or is there material online that I can study to get back into the groove, or is showing up well rested the best I can do.

Thanks so much from a first time poster, long time thread reader!

ClearanceClarence

Trusted Contributor
May 24, 2014
I know no one wants to hear it, but just wait and learn what/how they teach okc. The .65 is one thing, but getting through OKC is strictly a game that you learn how to play. If you really have to study something, just make sure your aircraft performance knowledge is decent and your phraseology is on point. Still, they teach everything you need to know and how you need to apply it.

customcables067

Sep 1, 2010
While I agree the academy teaches you everything you need to know, having the maps and callsigns memorized ahead of time never hurt anyone.