Tower Levels, Differences in Pay

Uin2it

Rookie
Mar 20, 2009
MSgt USAF, DualQual
What scale are the contract towers setup on, is it the same "ATC-?" scale the FAA towers use?
Is there a way I can find out more info on what level the towers I am looking at are, their traffic levels & which pays the most?

Cincy & Columbus Ohio
S. Indiana
West Virginia
Owensboro Kentucky

Thanks!

BrewnATC

Epic Member
Jan 28, 2015
Ass deep in a folding chair
What scale are the contract towers setup on, is it the same "ATC-?" scale the FAA towers use?
Is there a way I can find out more info on what level the towers I am looking at are, their traffic levels & which pays the most?

Cincy & Columbus Ohio
S. Indiana
West Virginia
Owensboro Kentucky

Thanks!
they all pay the same. Contract towers don't have a level either, best you can do is pull up an ATADS report to get their traffic count for last year

ajmezz

Epic Member
Apr 8, 2010
Airnav can give you some rough estimates on avg ops per day, but could be relatively old. ATADS is definitely your best source for overall ops/year though.

Uin2it

Rookie
Mar 20, 2009
MSgt USAF, DualQual
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize they didn't have levels.
Is that the same with airports in the Cost-Sharing program like Bloomington & Delaware County Indiana?

Im guessing each one has its own locality % as well? I cant imagine someone working in Cincy at the same salary as one in Wheeling WV?

CHUCK CHUCK

Newcomer
Aug 17, 2014
BELLINGHAM WA
Pay is not the same. Some pay more but its not based on a traffic count. Department of Labor sets the hourly. We don't have a locality pay unless you're in Alaska or Hawaii. Pay is between $29 to $34 and an extra 10% if you're the ATM. The towers you listed are Midwest.