Travel Pay

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
How is travel pay worked out with travel from "Home of Record" to OKC for the academy?

(Driving) Does it work by the JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Reg) rate of 19 cents a mile, list all reimbursable expenses, keep receipts just in case, and 350 miles constitutes a travel day? (i.e - DD Form 1351-2)

or

Is it some DOT/FAA driven calculation...or a combination of the above.

MYKLE

Rookie
Jun 8, 2009
I might be wrong and I hope somebody corrects me if I am but I don't think you get anything for travel..... at all. Not for a move or to get to the academy or to your facility for that matter. I really hope that I am wrong.

AirborneJFO

Aug 9, 2009
Westbury, NY
Fair enough. Looks like I will pay for gas, red bull, & beef jerky for a 24 hr. drive.

Traveling without my POV is not an option for me.

JumperBones

Reft crosed trafficah
Dec 22, 2008
Too sixah reft
Hey Boom - I think your last post in that thread is pretty unequivocal on how it's worked out. Maybe it should be stickied within this forum?

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
One thing that I should mention though, those scenarios are if you drive. If you fly it's direct billed and that's the end of that, no reimbursement for travel needed UNLESS you are claiming mileage / tolls TO the from airport and FROM the OKC airport to your housing.

Also keep in mind when you file your first one ( 15 days after arrival ), you will only get travel reimbursement to get here, not round trip. You'll get the rest at the end.