Two Republican Senators enter bill to end FERS

mjh55404

Senior Analyst
Jul 3, 2009
OKC
Quit crying you babies! We all are going to have great salaries. I vote to get rid of all our benefits and get paid more money. Do realize how much money is wasted! Be responsible and save money for your retirement and health care. Don't rely on SS, pension, or Uncle Sam to wipe your ****! GO Republicans!!
Compare some salaries!!

I am so sorry you drank the cool aid.

Pay, Benefits and Pensions are a SMALL part of the budget problem.

Federal ( non air traffic control ) employees are underpaid by most measures.... The benefits are NOT that great.

I'm not saying that they are poor but my last two public and last two private employers benefits were way better. My uncle's and his family used his wife's insurance through his entire ATC career.

The budget problems are mainly public entitlements and Programs.

Ending FERS will under fund the program more as current employees will no longer be paying in .08% into the fund.

The government just needs to strive to be more efficient. ERAM, ATOPS and programs that reduce employee numbers and costs drastically. Look at facility consolidations alone and there could be even more savings.

The government can save way more becoming more effecient than it will attacking employees. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any changes. One huge benefit that Federal employees get is retirement health insurance...that is an example of a benefit long gone in the private sector.

I'd rather have an intelligent prospective employee serve my county for 70K a year with long term pay to 90K than have that prospect end up at a bank or tech firm for 60K with bonuses, stock options, and rapid promotions that far out pace supposed "good benefits of the government"

Otherwise we get second or third best.

A year or two ago I referred my brother to an engineering position with the Army Tank Command after he lost his bonuses and 10% of pay.... The money
was not enough to jump ship.

He just got 15% of his pay back last month and quarterly bonuses. He is already ahead of the public sector job if he had jumped ship.

planetalkerkp

Jun 15, 2008
Alabama
Quit crying you babies! We all are going to have great salaries. I vote to get rid of all our benefits and get paid more money. Do realize how much money is wasted! Be responsible and save money for your retirement and health care. Don't rely on SS, pension, or Uncle Sam to wipe your ****! GO Republicans!!
Of course they may cut your pay and your retirement, healthcare, SS, oh yeah and your ****!

planetalkerkp

Jun 15, 2008
Alabama
This. In CA, teachers are being fired left and right while the under performing ones have job security because of tenure. On top of that, they get a pension which just takes money away from the system that should be hiring more teachers.

Invest in your own future and the system will be better off. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a vote on political leanings among stuckmic users and majority were Republican. You should probably be careful with what you say before insulting many of your peers.
Yeah invest in your own future, the guys on Wall St. will take care of you.

planetalkerkp

Jun 15, 2008
Alabama
Seeing how this thread has become a free for all about politics:

Did anyone else catch the video of Biden saying he will help impeach whoever the president is that allows a military action without congress approval?!?!

So Biden promised, in no uncertain terms that he wants to impeach Obama!!

(I'm still waiting to hear a response from the left-talkers about this before I completely make up my mind)
I heard there were WMD's in Libya! Hey it worked for Bush.

eqfan592

Rookie
Mar 28, 2010
I think you might be a little delusional if you really think that. We ALL KNOW that they all spend too much money. They just spend it in different places... Republicans didnt get us into this mess anymore or less then the Democrats did. I think it's about time for a third serious party... When I say serious I dont mean the Tea Party.
THIS!!

I won't say people are idiots for voting Republican, but I WILL say they are idiots for thinking they are voting for "smaller government" and "lower spending" when they vote for a Republican. Republicans are just as good at big government and spending as anybody else, they just make the government bigger (See: loss of privacy and social controls) and do the spending (see: so-called defense and national security contracts) in other areas.

I love the idea of a third party, but honestly I don't think we'll ever get a solid one until we do something about the campaign finance system. So long as we have a legalize form of bribery as we do now, things will very much stay the same.