USAJobs Question

njbadapple

Rookie
Feb 19, 2013
What forms do I need to have uploaded to my USAJobs account to be employment-ready once a bid finally comes out? This is what I have so far: Resume cover sheet Resume Statement of Service (since I'm still active duty.) Do I need to have my pink card as well? It's in pretty rough shape, not very legible. Any info would be great, thanks.

seanm492

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
This is the best advice I can give you, have the job related stuff ready to upload for any announcement. Do not just upload what people suggest. There will be a list of required documents towards the bottom of the page. It is VERY important that you read the application steps carefully and upload the required documents stated in the announcement. Not every announcement on USAJobs is the same for Air Traffic. With that being said, fill up your available documents section on your USAJobs account. Put all of your supporting documents there, "pink card", 3622, statement of service, DD214 (when you get it), anything that supports the fact that you have held ATC ratings and served in the military.

seanm492

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
Pink card, CTO card, or both, is definitely a must. So is some sort of DD214 or other document that supports veterans status.

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
All i submitted was my resume (using usajobs resume builder) copy of pink card front and back, (if you have cto include that), and a statement of service.

njbadapple

Rookie
Feb 19, 2013
Thanks for a speedy response. I don't have a CTO so that doesn't apply to me; would it be worth it for me to upload my designation letter as radar supervisor at a TRACON?

njbadapple

Rookie
Feb 19, 2013
And once again, my pink card is in almost unlegible condition.. should i photocopy it & upload it anyway? or somehow try to get a new one? This would erase all the signatures i have on the back on my current one..

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
Ah, forgot you weren't AF. But I wouldn't bother, just list on your resume that you were Watch Sup qual'd. My pink card was in rough shape too so I just got a new one from our NSE and he signed everything in the back.

njbadapple

Rookie
Feb 19, 2013
Ah, forgot you weren't AF. But I wouldn't bother, just list on your resume that you were Watch Sup qual'd. My pink card was in rough shape too so I just got a new one from our NSE and he signed everything in the back.
Right on. Problem is, since I'm at a sea command now NOBODY here was ever approach qualified so who the hell would sign the back of my card? Looks like I have some questions to ask..

seanm492

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
The FAA does not care if you were a WS. Also, to add on to what NE said, the last two VRA bids have required that you have VRA written on your supporting documents. The person at your facility that does Standards and Evaluations (in charge of ratings and certifications) should be able to give you a new pink card.

seanm492

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
The document actually had to specify the bid it was meant for. So for the VRA, all of my documents had to say...(NAME)/VRA.

njbadapple

Rookie
Feb 19, 2013
Like on your pink card? Or just the header part of your resume / statement of service / etc? Not sure if you're being too vague, or maybe I'm missing something here. I'm not a huge fan of writing "VRA" on my pink card or anything else official, if that's what you're getting at.

seanm492

Rookie
Oct 31, 2012
Hmmm, I did it in Jan. That is why I was saying its important to read what they require. You obviously didn't have any issues with it though. I wrote it on the page down where a footer would be. Just check and make sure when they do put out the announcement.

(Please include your full name and "VRA" on each document.)

That is taken from the bottom of the required documents page on the January VRA bid.

MatthewMateo

Newcomer
Sep 3, 2013
Atlanta, GA
The resume that received from somebody that got picked up FAA had VRA in the header. I removed it from my resume to apply for recent DOD applications as well as a contract tower job application out of Atlanta.