Useful Study Resources

mpgriffith

Newcomer
Aug 6, 2008
Chicago
I heard the academy is pretty challenging. With this said, is there anything that I can begin studying or reading that would prepare me for the stuff I will be learning at the academy. I currently have the infamous "green book" and even though this book gives a lot information regarding what to expect from the FAA and ATC positions, it does not give any information regarding information that can be studied beforehand. From what I hear it may be waiting a while until to hear back from the FAA so in the mean time I might as well begin studying. Can anyone refer any books or websites with info?

Thanks! :tap:

shaight

Jun 22, 2008
Glencoe CA
if you are off the street I have been told by several people who went to the 4 week general aviation course that you should study the FAR/AIM. You can find it on amazon.

Ryan

Newcomer
Aug 26, 2008
The most current version of the 7110.65 is S not R.

My suggestion to get ahead is study airplane types from pictures etc.

Also the 3 letter ID for aircraft operators will help.

Also the airplane type that shows on the radar screen will help.

A

Adam

To find all that information, go to the Forum "Useful ATC Information" and look for FAA publications...it has the .65, contractions, location identifiers, and a few others in there to look at.

A

Adam

You may link to other websites on here, that is no problem at all. I did not see where you included any links in your previous post. If you need any help, let me know.

A

Adam

I have most of the useful FAA publications under the "Useful ATC Information" thread, to include the .65S