VRA FAA Employment

nightops32

Newcomer
Jun 27, 2008
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this website and to the ATC community. I work in Kuwait as a contractor and I traveled to Houston to take the test after a few friends of mine which work here on a tower showed me what was like to be an ATC. I just took the AT-SAT test on 6/23 and passed with a decent score. Should I not even bother with waiting for a phone call/email from the FAA? From my understanding former ATC guys score 90+ on the test. Also, will they add my 5 points veteran preference to my score? Anyone who can assist please do.

zabnut

Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Don't worry about the AT-Sat score. They do hire from the highest score first from my understanding, but they eventually get to everybody that applies.

Bad news is it takes a while since this is an ass backwards government agency, they have supposedly streamlined the hiring process but it still takes a long time.

Max Power

Jun 16, 2008
i would imagine since it a fed job your 5 points will get you to the front of line a bit quicker. I do not know how the veterans preferance is factored in though.