VRA Referral Lists

Mirt

You're despicable!!
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
www.despicable.org
Anyone that applied to the VRA Terminal Announcement last month should check on ASAP. They are creating a bunch of lists for different states. Good luck everyone!

Tye

Rookie
Nov 14, 2008
Good luck to all who made the list...It sucks waiting for the e-mail saying you made it to the interview level!

kolby07

Newcomer
Jun 19, 2008
I've been applying for the VRA since september and havn't heard anything. now the referral list has come out with all of the states I applied for on it but none of my application were included. I just got out of the Air Force as a Tower Controller. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the application or what. Also I'm waiting on the VA for my dissability claim to go through so I don't have the 10 point Veterans preference yet. Does that have a significant impact on being considered? I cannot get anyone from the Aviation Careers Division to answer my calls either. I just got out of the military in October and I have CTO's from 2 facilities. Anybody have any ideas as to why I would be disqualified or what I could be doing wrong?

Tye

Rookie
Nov 14, 2008
I've been applying for the VRA since september and havn't heard anything. now the referral list has come out with all of the states I applied for on it but none of my application were included. I just got out of the Air Force as a Tower Controller. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong with the application or what. Also I'm waiting on the VA for my dissability claim to go through so I don't have the 10 point Veterans preference yet. Does that have a significant impact on being considered? I cannot get anyone from the Aviation Careers Division to answer my calls either. I just got out of the military in October and I have CTO's from 2 facilities. Anybody have any ideas as to why I would be disqualified or what I could be doing wrong?
I don't think being disabled 10% will help you out too much...but i'm not sure. Be patient...I went through the same thing when I got out in April...Now i've got a TOL for Las Vegas TRACON and am on the referral list for Clevaland ARTCC. The FAA is much slower than the Air Force.

A

Adam

Being a 10pt vet would help out considerably. By law they have to hire a 10 pt vet over a 5 pt. or someone with no preference.

A

Adam

you can get 10 pts I believe even if you are only 0% service connected...however, at one point I was 10% service connected and I qualified for the 10 pt preference. I am 60% service connected now. I believe 60% and higher even puts you above the regular 10pt preference veterans...you are still only 10 pt preference, but you are above the others.

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
how much a month do u get for 60%? my wife is 10% and i'm 0%. i didn't realize i might be a 10pt vet. just figured i was 5pt for my expeditionary medal.

i got my 0% because of the scar my hernia surgery left. it wasn't even because of the hernia itself, just the scar.

A

Adam

If it is 0% service connected you might be eligible, check into that. I have a wife and 2 kids...I get $1174 per month.

passafist

Sep 7, 2008
NORCAL TRACON
Does anybody know when they meet for the NOV 30th VRA list? I know they were waiting until after the holidays... but is it this week or next???:tap:

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
have you guys even got emails or letters in the mail to ask if you are interested and what facility you would like to go to yet, when i called them they said they would be selecting mid january off of these lists and I was referred for cali but no email yet. Is it done differently now, I remember going through the process before and you would get a email then send your package in then they would make the selections with your info from the packet in hand.

A

Ammolite

I don't know if it will be the same for you VRA folks, but the FAA is holding a panel next week for four OTS announcements: PUBNAT3 (5/30), PUBNAT4 (6/30), PUB-Hawaii, and PUB-Alaska. I don't know if they can squeeze VRA in there, too, but if so,...

chichi

Sep 25, 2008
I don't know if it will be the same for you VRA folks, but the FAA is holding a panel next week for four OTS announcements: PUBNAT3 (5/30), PUBNAT4 (6/30), PUB-Hawaii, and PUB-Alaska. I don't know if they can squeeze VRA in there, too, but if so,...
From what we've seen in the past, I'm pretty sure everyone is considered at the same time... so CTI and VRA should be included in next week's panels.

markthetape

Jun 23, 2008
It looks like you are a ots, Im talking about VRA they let VRA's choose the facility they would like to go to then the panel looks at it and determines which is the best facility for them, and usually the email comes out right after they pull the lists and before the panel meets with a deadline to have the packet completed by.

Tye

Rookie
Nov 14, 2008
Im talking about VRA they let VRA's choose the facility they would like to go to then the panel looks at it and determines which is the best facility for them,
I think you mean they let VRA's chose the states for which their application will be submitted(up to 5 states). I didn't get to chose my facility...that's where the luck part of the process came in!