Wake turbulence study aid

Julio

Mar 21, 2009
I am working with others to come up with a study chart for WT. Not the goofy little card the FAA gives you, but, a chart or 1 pager that would identify all WT possibilities and makes it easy to follow. Anyone ever work on or devise such a chart?

Roddy_Piper

Resident Knucklehead
Jun 15, 2008
Vegas baby
www.myspace.com
tower or radar? there's more situations than you think, especially if your talking about a chart for every possible situation.

on final, en route, directly behind (less than 1000 feet below), same runway (parallels less than 2500 feet apart), intersection departure, opposite direction departure, touch and go behind departure, VFR practice approach, crossing runways or paths, B757, following on a visual approach, S vs S+ vs L vs B757/H, etc etc.

Julio

Mar 21, 2009
Really, just seeing what people have. If forced to pick, I would say tower. But, I really was more interested in seeing how creative people are with their studies and whatnot.

Jan 23, 2009
Iowa
I have something I was given at the Academy, ergo I think it will be fine to circulate around here. I'll scan it when I get home and post it on here. It basically deals with the Tower environment.