Washington Center - ZDC

AlphaLima

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2008
A black hole
ZDC is well above the national average and the future average. So i doubt they'll do many transfers in, you could swap easily if you can find someone that wants to go where you are and you have the numbers to do it on your side.

ZJXATCer

Newcomer
Oct 10, 2009
FL
ZDC is well above the national average and the future average. So i doubt they'll do many transfers in, you could swap easily if you can find someone that wants to go where you are and you have the numbers to do it on your side.
That only lasted for one month though

Wycked

Aug 22, 2013
ZAB
How are the training times looking here atm? ZDC is on my list @ the academy and I just want to go somewhere where I'm not stuck waiting a year to start working my way up.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
How are the training times looking here atm? ZDC is on my list @ the academy and I just want to go somewhere where I'm not stuck waiting a year to start working my way up.
D-side trainees are getting classes usually within 90-120 days of arrival. Your R-side class will depend on how you progress, but the wait for those is typically under 90 days.

moghost360

Rookie
Jul 29, 2010
What's staffing looking like these days? Noticed many ZDC slots for AGs for the past few months. Any good chance of ZDC still picking up a good number of AGs come January? I know it's a little too far out to know for sure at the moment.

jbell

Jan 19, 2017
[FONT=&quot]I had an instructor at the academy tell me that DC has the most complex airspace of all centers. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]He said they are working on a way of implimenting some changes but it would be a nightmare for quite a while... any other input on this?[/FONT]