Weight and Balance

randt

Jan 12, 2009
In my Aviation world, we don't do w/b for the Pilots. So, while reading through our Ops Specs today, I noticed under the W/B section that there is a provision for a "substantially heavier crew." Then it listed the formulas and ticks for a heavier crew and lighter crew. Does anybody know what is above and beyond an average crew weight? I laughed while I was reading it, but this is actual information I would like.

Hold_West

Rookie
Mar 24, 2009
Are you talking about your ops specs or your ops manual? Our ops manual addresses it, but we just have one weight.... pax are 184, pilots 180 and FAs 135.

randt

Jan 12, 2009
Its in the GOM. I talked to my DO about it this morning, and he said standard weight is 185 per crew member. (I can only think of maybe 1 or 2 of our pilots that actually fit in that category.) I had just never noticed it and found it kind of interesting.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
Wow, they assume pax are going to be overweight?

Not saying that 184 is overweight, but the fact it's higher than the crew is kinda funny.

ShyFlyGuy

Rookie
Jan 14, 2009
TUL
www.facebook.com
We figured crew @210lbs each for most of the flights (crew was out for 18 days at a time incl bags). We did have provisions to use actual wgts as well as add and subtract crew members as if in a repo/ferry flight.