What are the hardest facilities to get into?

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
In everbody's opinion, what do yoy think the hardest ATC facilities to get into are. I'm talking hardly any bids ever cause few people leave, 300+ ERRs on file. Don't put down a center.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
Salt Lake City Internation (SLC) would be a good guess i think. Absolutely beautiful and the only thing that can scare you away is the Mormons. Green bay would be a perfect place to retire. Get to see a variety of A/C and can watch the packers all winter.

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
Green Bay? idk about that one. I find it hard to believe someone would strive to sit at a slow lvl6 unless they were at the very top of the 6 pay band, no more raises. I know its beautiful....during the summer. I have heard SLC tower is hard to get into, never seen a bid or ERR. We have sent someone to the tracon though. What about DEN and ATL?

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
Believe it or not, the majority of the FAA excluding centers are level 5's and 6's. Saying that you find it hard to believe someone would strive to sit at a slow level 6 is a tad insulting. People have different reasons for staying at different facilities...

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
Dude come on man, im not trying to "insult" anybody on an internet forum, chill brah. Ive NEVER heard anyone say..."Boy Green Bay is really hard to get into," never, in fact, i know someone born and raised there bidding out.....maybe you can take that persons spot. Anyone else reading this....on with the thread.....

unable

Trusted Member
Jan 31, 2013
Over the Rainbow
Dude come on man, im not trying to "insult" anybody on an internet forum, chill brah. Ive NEVER heard anyone say..."Boy Green Bay is really hard to get into," never, in fact, i know someone born and raised there bidding out.....maybe you can take that persons spot. Anyone else reading this....on with the thread.....

"Dude" "Brah" you are the one asking... If you only wanna hear what you have already heard than why ask?
As far as GRB is concerned...I know they have a ton of ERR's on file... and I have absolutely no desire to go there...but not because I "strive" to work something busier than "slow lvl 6" traffic... Rather, I am a Bears fan.

Ramstar13

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Mexico City
What i've heard is just opinions, and i'd like to hear others. Im sorry you found my post insulting.

Last edited:

NovemberEcho

Epic Member
Dec 8, 2010
Long Island
How hard is it to get into CLT ERR? I have no problem going to N90, but Charlotte is my favorite city and I have a lot of friends there.

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
I have been told any center is tough to get in and out of, and level 12 towers are obviously hard to get into.

BWER

Rookie
Feb 8, 2009
I have been told any center is tough to get in and out of, and level 12 towers are obviously hard to get into.
ZME will take just about any controller from any level of facility. We will send them right back when they fail out too.

Kolle018

Rookie
Feb 24, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Salt Lake City Internation (SLC) would be a good guess i think. Absolutely beautiful and the only thing that can scare you away is the Mormons. Green bay would be a perfect place to retire. Get to see a variety of A/C and can watch the packers all winter.
SLC just had a bid close like 3 months ago, and picked up I think 3 people.

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
PIT and PHX have that reputation, but really, it's just about where a facility is at any point in time with its staffing. Every facility is needy some time or another. The facilities which are constantly needy are ones that require you to live in high-COL areas, work lots of traffic, are packed to the rafters with assholes, or some combination of the three. The upside of the latter category is that they usually pay for your move if you check out and bid into them.

TWRFLWR

Newcomer
Sep 22, 2008
IAH ATCT is generally a tough draw. Level 12 pay, 29% locality, no state taxes, low cost of living and 8% bump if you're coming from a 10 or below. You don't often see bids there. They just pull from the many ERRs on file at any given time. Of course they may not be a 12 for long as they've been below the buffer for 4 months now and dropping.

MvG

Dec 10, 2010
Yo Front Door
I hear green bay is hard cuz nobody wants to leave... A co worker who's eligible to retire told me that... I hear RDU is hard to get to... I've had two co workers get picked up by clt, one by pit, one by chicago tracon, one by atl, and one by slc... I'm at a level 7 up/down so it can't be too hard to get to those places... I'll agree with iah too... I believe most facs in FL are hard to get into... just my 2 cents...