What Centers Are Short Staffed?

fly747

Jun 18, 2008
Anyone have any idea what centers are short-staffed? Also, recent academy grads: what options have you been given for center?

RomeoNovember

Senior Analyst
Sep 26, 2009
USA
Except ZJX! I called the ATM about 2 months ago and he told me they have 38 people on their ERR list. They only plan to pick up 10 be the end of 2016.

fly747

Jun 18, 2008
Except ZJX! I called the ATM about 2 months ago and he told me they have 38 people on their ERR list. They only plan to pick up 10 be the end of 2016.
Good info! I plan on touring facilities that are short, just to have some idea of where I might want to go.

waterlander89

Newcomer
Jun 20, 2015
Oregon
So I have looked at the placement list that was linked on here but don't really know what I am looking at. Is this the order they will fill the positions or how does this list work?

lowapproach

Epic Member
Oct 29, 2010
WV
This list is intended to match up applicants with centers a few trainees at a time, in a waterfall supposedly based on facility needs. As more applicants pass the Academy, they are offered the next center on the list. If staffing conditions change a lot out in the field, or if more applicants than expected wash out at the Academy, the plan loses some value.

ZDC started the year expecting to get 24 trainees. We've been more recently told to expect 6-8 by December 31.

coda.kloawe

Rookie
Feb 10, 2014
Got bored and decided to organize the enroute placement list purely by its numbers. It's just a very very basic table showing number of available spaces left for each facility and what that percentage is. Nothing special but thought I'd share.

DISCLAIMER: The information in my table was created from the list found in this thread; which happens to be in an open internet forum where anyone can post anything... So don't take it as gospel.

Attachments

Reactions: Isenthalpic

Plaaaane

Trusted Member
Apr 27, 2012
Got bored and decided to organize the enroute placement list purely by its numbers. It's just a very very basic table showing number of available spaces left for each facility and what that percentage is. Nothing special but thought I'd share.

DISCLAIMER: The information in my table was created from the list found in this thread; which happens to be in an open internet forum where anyone can post anything... So don't take it as gospel.

Now can you do the terminal one? Haha

LOLtex

May 31, 2015

Thanks for this!

LyraM45

Mar 6, 2012
CA
Surprised ZHU is that high up there. Figured with the cost of living they get there, people would be tripping all over themselves to be there!