Epic Member
Jan 14, 2009
Re: What is Academy like?

cali rocks, and after ur done @ zla you can xfer to non Palmdale goodness

jcpilot

May 19, 2009
Anchorage, AK

So, uh, anyone visit a dentist while at the Academy? Recommendations?
I drove one of my classmates to the dentist in OKC. He went to one of the 'Dental Depot' places. It's a kind of dentistry chain in OKC. He thought they did a good job.

goff1029

Nov 20, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

I would not go to the Dental Depot. I had two filling done when I was there back in June and they both fell out. I had them start a crown and gave them my insurance. They told me it would $28 dollars out of pocket the rest was covered under my insurance, they did all the grinding and had the mold sent to a lab to have the crown made. The day before I was to go in to have the crown put in they called and said I owed them $400. They did not back down and I told them that I didnt have $400 and now I still have a temporary in. To top it all off I went back in because of pain, they checked me out for free and told me I need a root canal and that I should of had that done before the crown.

goff1029

Nov 20, 2008
Jacksonville, FL

do you suggest anyone else?
Sorry, No! I went to the Dental Depot in Yukon but they are all over OKC so maybe you would have a better experience at another one. I think there is on right on I-40 between Yukon and Downtown on the south side of the road. There is also one in Moore.

jcpilot

May 19, 2009
Anchorage, AK

Sorry, No! I went to the Dental Depot in Yukon but they are all over OKC so maybe you would have a better experience at another one. I think there is on right on I-40 between Yukon and Downtown on the south side of the road. There is also one in Moore.
My classmate went to the one in Moore. I enjoyed the BWW that was next to it. :)

robbs1791

Newcomer
Jun 2, 2009
Nebraska

LunchBox, I'm kind of like you, nervous as hell but super excited. It seems like I have been waiting for this forever and now it's finally here. What are you guys all studying to prepare for the academy?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

LunchBox, I'm kind of like you, nervous as hell but super excited. It seems like I have been waiting for this forever and now it's finally here. What are you guys all studying to prepare for the academy?
I wouldn't worry about studying before you get there. They give you plenty of time to learn what you need to learn.

stompy

Newcomer
Aug 9, 2010

I wouldn't worry about studying before you get there. They give you plenty of time to learn what you need to learn.
Exactly. They spoon feed you everything you need to know when you get there.

Screw the dentist where is the best place to get some real full strength beer at a good price, Im not drinking that weak near beer crap. I know that you cant buy it cold, so I will have to but a few cases and keep the fridge well stocked at all times. I like buffalo wild wings alot, do they serve real beer there?