What is the FAA Academy like?

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
Basics is worthless... Trust me, I was OTS and had to go to basics. I'm not saying you don't learn anything.... However, you don't learn anything you can use when you get across the street. We spent half the time watching random videos and killing time. It's a waste... Just my opinion...

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Basics is worthless... Trust me, I was OTS and had to go to basics. I'm not saying you don't learn anything.... However, you don't learn anything you can use when you get across the street. We spent half the time watching random videos and killing time. It's a waste... Just my opinion...
Not only that, but the stuff you actually learn and need across the street, they go over it again anyways. I just thought of basics as an extra 5 weeks of per diem

tovi447

Rookie
Mar 23, 2010
December 2008 was my last class. I`ve got picked up on March 12, TOL May 12. I actually have my books out but, I have been dedicating more time to the material that I have found here on Stuck Mic, than my books. BTW I have a questions... Are the material, (Academy Airport, RWYs, Taxisway, the CTO guide), etc. etc found at Stuck Mic accurate?