What states did you choose for FAA ATC?

sajgracer1

Oct 14, 2008
California
I haven't read enough to know if this has been discussed yet, but I notice that you get to make a choice between terminal and enroute? Are those the two choices?

If so I wonder if they are more likely to pick someone who is decisive over someone who has no preference. That seemed kind of how it was with the state selection part of it...or maybe not at all.

bugmenot

Rookie
Nov 28, 2010
So I picked WA/RI no preference. Then on expand on your geographic preferences I listed every facility I wanted to be considered for...anyone else get crazy like that?

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
I put "willing and open to work anywhere in the US" I wouldn't put a specific place being that if someone other then that place saw that, they wouldn't want me.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
I haven't read enough to know if this has been discussed yet, but I notice that you get to make a choice between terminal and enroute? Are those the two choices?

If so I wonder if they are more likely to pick someone who is decisive over someone who has no preference. That seemed kind of how it was with the state selection part of it...or maybe not at all.
I think no preference, gives you a better shot.

unclemenno1

Rookie
Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
As soon as people start asking how soon referrals come out, the FAA wil delay it a week for everytime someone asks when they come out.

bugmenot

Rookie
Nov 28, 2010
Meh referral lists are just an eligibility thing. I would expect the panel to meet in late October/early November. I am pretty credible you can check my prior posts. I assume if you got a code you are close to eligible. Sit back, relax, enjoy your time off.

SweetJohnnyCage

Sep 6, 2011
NJ and NY, no preference. I was going to do CA and NY, but I figured I'd stay local to the family I'm never going to be able to see haha

undsioux

Rookie
Jan 30, 2012
I went with MI and IL, I had heard both are hiring decent numbers and its close to home. I was thinkging about WI (home state) but they only have 3 facilities

Snafu3190

Rookie
Mar 30, 2012
Tampa, FL
Meh referral lists are just an eligibility thing. I would expect the panel to meet in late October/early November. I am pretty credible you can check my prior posts. I assume if you got a code you are close to eligible. Sit back, relax, enjoy your time off.
You were spot on when it came to the opening of the announcements! I was at ZBW recently and spoke with the staff/training manager who said the panel would be meeting early to mid October... we shall see.

kas2686

Jan 17, 2011
CA
Just noticed Aviator is down for maintenance today...maybe referral lists are on their way? Or probably just wishful thinking...

maxshuty

Jan 20, 2009
Just noticed Aviator is down for maintenance today...maybe referral lists are on their way? Or probably just wishful thinking...
I've never checked if they do regular maintenance on Sundays or if this may be a sign... :eek: