What states did you choose for FAA ATC?

kas2686

Jan 17, 2011
CA
Yeah..regular maintenance. I was hoping it was like the Apple store...when it goes down it means a new expensive toy is about to go on sale.

dreweepoo

Jan 20, 2012
Ya when you try to check your application status the session times out, I think they are updating with the referral lists today

N813JB

Trusted Member
Feb 22, 2010
Mine timed out as well. I already have a TOL but I reapplied anyway. Let's see what happens. :)
There is a rumor that I hope is wrong for anyone who did this, including you, that said reapplying with a TOL forfeits your TOL.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
I don't think its a rumor, I believe someone on here called Acd and asked if I remember correctly

NDATC87

Rookie
Dec 1, 2011
Minneapolis
I don't think its a rumor, I believe someone on here called Acd and asked if I remember correctly

I have a Jan 2012 TOL and re applied for the previous March panels and did not forfeit my current TOL. I was not selected for the one state I put during the March panels though.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
I have a Jan 2012 TOL and re applied for the previous March panels and did not forfeit my current TOL. I was not selected for the one state I put during the March panels though.
Were you selected for another state when you re applied?

NDATC87

Rookie
Dec 1, 2011
Minneapolis
Were you selected for another state when you re applied?

No, I was not selected in the March panels so absolutely nothing happened and I have my current TOL and I never even talked to my HR rep about re applying. I reapplied, did not get selected, and it's all as if nothing happened. If I were to have gotten re selected (which I don't think people with current TOL's do get reselected, although I could be wrong) then I would have had to forfeit my current TOL.

ambers1032

Senior Analyst
Jan 5, 2010
No, I was not selected in the March panels so absolutely nothing happened and I have my current TOL and I never even talked to my HR rep about re applying. I reapplied, did not get selected, and it's all as if nothing happened. If I were to have gotten re selected (which I don't think people with current TOL's do get reselected, although I could be wrong) then I would have had to forfeit my current TOL.
Cool. It would be interesting to hear if anyone got selected again with a current tol. Maybe it weeds people off the list with a current tol...?

unclemenno1

Rookie
Oct 21, 2011
Ohio
Who thinks that being able to put down Counties in states will help anything. I tried to put down every county in the U.S but there just wasnt enough room...

PapaEchoBravo

Trusted Member
Jun 10, 2011
Oviedo, FL headed to ZAN
My HR rep informed me that it won't do a thing unless you want to forfeit the TOL. HR give out TOLs not the panel. She will throw away the panel selection if I want.

Kind of neat to say the least. Would be cool to go somewhere else if I get the opportunity but I am very pleased with ZAN right now. Time will tell. :)

struts10

Nov 9, 2011
There should be an entire US option. You should be able to be as selective or broad as you would like.

GUYONABUFFALO

Epic Member
Oct 4, 2012
Minnesota
I hope this is helpful, but when I went through the last spring panel I visited facilities in Alaska, Minnesota, Wisoconsin. I met all of the managers at specific facilities, did an internship with the great lakes Tower district manager at MSP and the common theme was that they would rather place someone where they want to go specifically so they do not have to train them and move controllers down the road. My contact in Seattle is also on the selection panel for the North-West and she said the same.

Tol may 12 zmp