What to Wear to Testing/academy

Josedpena

Newcomer
Nov 2, 2016
I have my test scheduled and want to know how conservative or casual would past test takers recommend dressing. And should I make it to the academy what's the dress code in OKC?

bub89y2k

Rookie
Jan 23, 2014
For the test... no dress code at all. Academy first day dress business casual. When I was there it was acceptable to wear jeans with a collared shirt, but I'd go with slacks for the first few days until you get acquainted.

customcables067

Sep 1, 2010
Test: nobody cares. I think I wore jeans and a tshirt, but I can't remember. OKC you'll be expected to do business casual, as above posters stated. Jeans ARE acceptable. Most of us slid into jeans 4-5 days a week after the first week or so. Most wore khakis or better on PA day, but you don't need any ties or suits or dresses.

Josedpena

Newcomer
Nov 2, 2016
Hmmm, I was thinking of going with a black lace tube top and a burgundy corduroy pants, and a grey fedora

cali

Mar 29, 2015
I wore flip flops, cargo shorts, and a t-shirt to the testing facility. I wore shorts and T-shirts/polo's at the academy some days and slacks the others. I think they were trying to get rid of people wearing shorts after I left though, but while I was there, no one said a single word to me or my classmates that did the same. At your facility, most don't say anything to you about wearing flip flops and shorts but might want to get CPC first before you do that just because unfortunately some CPS's judge you off that...

customcables067

Sep 1, 2010
I wore flip flops, cargo shorts, and a t-shirt to the testing facility. I wore shorts and T-shirts/polo's at the academy some days and slacks the others. I think they were trying to get rid of people wearing shorts after I left though, but while I was there, no one said a single word to me or my classmates that did the same. At your facility, most don't say anything to you about wearing flip flops and shorts but might want to get CPC first before you do that just because unfortunately some CPS's judge you off that...
Or in some cases, the CPCs will harass you UNTIL you wear flip flops and shorts...