What would you do?

Do you?

• Fly the plane anyway, it's not like you'll ever get ramp checked.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I'm not flying that thing, not worth my license.

Votes: 17 81.0%

• Total voters

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Eh... chances aren't too good that I'm gonna fly it. It's not just a ramp check to worry about; what if I have some sort of incident that would prompt an immediate visit? Yeah, it's not likely, but I don't see any reason to jeopardize my license, especially if it's anything beyond a private. I might consider flying it from one untowered field to another, where I'm not worried about a blue King Air rolling up to me... but even then, I dunno.

That's assuming it belongs to a friend. If I'm renting, I'm not going for it, regardless of where I am. Inattention to that on an FBO's part would have me worried about other deficiencies on their part.

441driver

Feb 22, 2009
There are a few good ol' boys flying around that dont really care about that stuff but they also have a career in something other than aviation. Being a charter pilot I wouldnt even consider it if you value your certificate. Just one of those CYA things

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
i guess i should add that this is at a flight school...always instilling good habits with students :)
Wonder how often the FAA inspector comes by. Ours visited our school on a pretty regular basis, that crap would never fly, pun not intended.

I actually had the Chief CFI come running out onto the taxiway during my runup once to bring back a plane for a paperwork check... I had to wait for about 30 minutes while they decided what to do because the POH didn't have the plane's measured weight in it.