When is the next Panel?

Abraham089

Newcomer
Oct 20, 2009
I've been overlooked this march panel, CTI WQ, was wondering if anyone knew if there is supposed to be a summer panel or if the next one is the october panel.

drewsurfeo

Newcomer
Oct 20, 2010
Santa Clarita, CA
I have heard through my CTI program that they will actually be skipping the panel in October and waiting until next March. This could be good and bad for some people. If they decide to hold off, they are supposed to hire 33% more people than they did in the last two fiscal years. If this is the case they just are making us CTI graduates wait another couple months, which in the long run should not make a huge difference!

Towns2dd

Trusted Contributor
Jan 20, 2010
I have heard through my CTI program that they will actually be skipping the panel in October and waiting until next March. This could be good and bad for some people. If they decide to hold off, they are supposed to hire 33% more people than they did in the last two fiscal years. If this is the case they just are making us CTI graduates wait another couple months, which in the long run should not make a huge difference!
Try telling your student loans providers this story! :lol:

junior

Rookie
Nov 20, 2009
I just called and told them they said don't worry about it... in fact you have been waiting so you no longer need to pay them.

C

charliezuluatc

Has anyone called Oklahoma city to find out the future of hiring? That would be a good place to start!

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Has anyone called Oklahoma city to find out the future of hiring? That would be a good place to start!
The new control workforce plan should be coming out in the next few months, which will shed light on all the numbers this year and next. OKC will not tell you much, unless you get lucky.

However IMO it could get interesting now that both republicans and democrats support modifying federal pensions and if that is implemented immediately in the FY12 budget I can see many controllers filling out their papers. Which could drastically change how many the FAA hires, Discussion below.

http://www.stuckmic.com/atc-chatter/15567-large-amount-people-retiring-brink.html

007hamster

Feb 25, 2009
NATCA Meeting
I saw some hiring numbers in the FAA Presidential Budget Proposal that said FY2011 1200 people, and FY2012 900 people, or around there if I recall...

It was some 900 page document on the faa website.

flyin_sooner

Trusted Contributor
Mar 23, 2010
I saw some hiring numbers in the FAA Presidential Budget Proposal that said FY2011 1200 people, and FY2012 900 people, or around there if I recall...

It was some 900 page document on the faa website.
According to the last CTI teleconference the numbers for fiscal year 2011 and 2012 are about 850-900 a piece. FY 2013-2019 is projected to be 1100-1200 per year. A little more grim but that was as of I believe early March.

junior

Rookie
Nov 20, 2009
That document that you read was the FAA plan foe the future. It is done once a year around October. I know some of the staffing numbers on there on not correct and due to it's age a would really question the validity of it.

seawolf

Newcomer
May 26, 2011
I want to be the first to call BS on this! No one knows the future regarding the panels, hiring numbers etc... not even the FAA knows what they are doing.

Ice_cold656

Epic Member
Jun 12, 2010
Bout to be out this B
Yeah I don't know about that one. Not saying it's not true. Just the rationial makes no sense. Why skip a panel? I know people here at Riddle who because they are slated to graduate this summer past the month of June I believe, were not eligible to take the the last round of ATSAT tests and have to wait december, and then wait until march to apply for the Panels.

angryweb

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2010
Los Angeles
Yeah I don't know about that one. Not saying it's not true. Just the rationial makes no sense. Why skip a panel? I know people here at Riddle who because they are slated to graduate this summer past the month of June I believe, were not eligible to take the the last round of ATSAT tests and have to wait december, and then wait until march to apply for the Panels.
Especially when an October panel would be for next fiscal year. It doesn't makes sense to skip it. What I learned in CTI...a lot of people talk but most don't know what the hell they are talking about. To me, everything is a rumor with little validity until the FAA announces it.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
That would actually be skipping two panels. The regular schedule is quarterly. The next one, if they choose to hold it, is around June. They've skipped panels before, but not two in a row... yet.

Charlie_Foxtrot

Trusted Contributor
Jan 11, 2011
Chicago
A buddy of mine actually has a close contact really high up in the FAA. He had this dude call up all the planners and game changers in the organization to see what was up. The general sentiment is that most people prefer Coke to Pepsi, but, interestingly, Diet Pepsi was preferred over Diet Coke in that specific segment. Word on the street is that alot of ATM's in South Carolina facilities drink Sprite. Might be a good idea to put SC as a geo pref if you are inclined to the clear sodas.

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Where it gets confusing is that people in the PNW can stand both Dr. Pepper and Diet Dr. Pepper and you may ruin your chances if you bring them the wrong one. Choose wisely.

h4xit

Trusted Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Looking at his previous posts, seems he's pissed about everything really