Where do you want to go?

Dec 15, 2008
Flushing, MI
I live in Michigan with a husband, two kids and one on the way so I am hoping for somewhere around here. I really would like Flint, but DTW or PTK wouldn't be too bad either!

Dru

Newcomer
Dec 4, 2008
I live in South Bend, IN and am hoping for NC (RDU) or FL (DAB or TPA). Beyond that I've lived in most areas of the country and would take just about anywhere that is willing to hire me!

SmartBlonde1214

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2009
Florida
I live in South Bend, IN and am hoping for NC (RDU) or FL (DAB or TPA). Beyond that I've lived in most areas of the country and would take just about anywhere that is willing to hire me!
I want DAB too. I think youre the first person Ive seen who wants DAB. =)

Pete

Trusted Member
Sep 9, 2008
Tampa is full with trainees right now according to an ATM i talked to...

gatormu

Newcomer
Jan 13, 2009
Orlando
I was thinking about trying for DAB as well. Live in O-town but from what I hear, they're pretty stocked up on trainees

ColtsATC

Trusted Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
Wanted Indianapolis, had a choice between ZID and Indiana Terminal, so I chose ZID since it would guarantee I got Indianapolis. Level 12 pay aint bad either...well...when I actually get to that point

Jan 14, 2009
Scarietta, GA
I live in GA and want to stay in Atlanta or try out Utah (since Im Mormon and single). And I'd like to go to Dallas, TX.

I just think those are big facilities and I'm sure it would be smarter to start off somewhere a little less busy. I'm sure I could move up to higher traffic facilities later. I just want to stay in a big city bc I am single. I dont want to end up in bumfu*k GA or something.

The "thats a bad idea" person in me would love to try out Hawaii. But I think I'd only like it there for a few years and then I'd want to, ummmm, go away.

BoomerSooner77

I am rubber, you're glue.
Oct 8, 2008
Plano, TX
I live in GA and want to stay in Atlanta or try out Utah (since Im Mormon and single). And I'd like to go to Dallas, TX.

I just think those are big facilities and I'm sure it would be smarter to start off somewhere a little less busy. I'm sure I could move up to higher traffic facilities later. I just want to stay in a big city bc I am single. I dont want to end up in bumfu*k GA or something.

The "thats a bad idea" person in me would love to try out Hawaii. But I think I'd only like it there for a few years and then I'd want to, ummmm, go away.

There are several lower level facilities in Dallas / Ft Worth.

Meacham (Lvl 5) - by North Richland Hills
Alliance (Lvl 5) - NW of South Lake
Addison (Lvl 6) - just North of Dallas... between Dallas & Plano, awesome location
Love Field (Lvl 8) - NW "corner" of Dallas proper

Then there's the higher levels in Dallas / Ft Worth**.

D10 (12)
ZFW (12)
DFW (12)

**(All within walking distance of each other)

barty

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2008

The only FAA facilities around Atlanta are ATL, A80, ZTL and PDK. Out of those, I was told to stay far, far away from A80 (Atlanta TRACON) and was discouraged from Atlanta Tower. I have been told PDK is fully staffed. So that just leaves ZTL.

CSG (5), AGS (6) and SAV (8) are the only other FAA facilities in the state. All of the other towers (RYY, FTY, LZU, MCN, ABY, VLD, EZM, AHN) are all contract.

Stan Marsh

Jun 18, 2008
The Desert
If you get anything above a level 9 get ready to catch a lot of trash from all of the staff at MMAC :) It's all in good fun but they say "those poor people going to [insert level 10+ facility]". Seeing as you have a lot of guest speakers coming into your class between Day 1 and 3, you'll get it from all of them.

I know what I'm getting myself into, otherwise I would've turned down the TOL kthnx

dmevans

Sep 2, 2008
Bay Area, CA
I live in Northern California and looking to stay in this area. Hopefully I get one of my top 3 choices which are SFO, OAK, or SJC.

ladystinger

Rookie
Oct 2, 2008
Living in Brooklyn, NY. Would want to work in Alaska or Hawaii (may be even Guam, Puerto Rico, or Virgin Islands) IF possible.
Wow I live in Brooklyn, NY too and I want to stay. Maybe thats because I just moved back to BK after 7 years in CT. Can't seem to get NY out of my blood!

Skeez057

Aug 23, 2008
Currently live in midwest. I am so fing tired of the snow, I think I would go to NC or SC. I am 30. No children and single. I am open to traveling and going to just about any facility except in CA.
Whats wrong with California? Cant handle the city life?

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
Whats wrong with California? Cant handle the city life?
Not at all...I love California. I've visited there six times my entire life. I live in one of the top 10 cities in the country, right now. Congestion? Not a prob. I do, however, believe that California is in for the 'big one' any second now. Moreover, I honestly don't want to be any where near Yellowstone when it gives way. So, I will be east of Mississippi if anyone needs me. Irrational fears? Nah...this is the only time that I actually have faith in science. Something's a brewin' under the (continental)shelf, if ya ask me. Though i am pretty sure we're all doomed if yellow-stone gives way. At least I can say, "I tried". :)

srand5002

Newcomer
Dec 3, 2008
florida
I currently live in Tampa but my husband and I are moving to Fort Rucker, Alabama soon for his job. I would love to relocate back to Florida somewhere (besides Miami) or any state in the Southeast.

SoCal

Rookie
Nov 6, 2008
San Diego
If you get the opportunity, do take a tour of N90.

The guys are complete pricks, even the people at ZNY agree.
Yep! I had class with 3 from N90 and they were blatently rude to the other students and instructors- and believed they didnt belong there. Actualy JUST got done talking about it on the floor- They are just known for being A-Holes...

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Yep! I had class with 3 from N90 and they were blatently rude to the other students and instructors- and believed they didnt belong there. Actualy JUST got done talking about it on the floor- They are just known for being A-Holes...
But they all seemed so nice in Pushing Tin.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
A90 in NH is at the top of my list. My Geo Pref is going to be NH and NY. I want to stay in NH but I'd also like to be back on LI. But I'll go anywhere.