Whos Going To ZNY

niqueybi

Rookie
Dec 16, 2011
I have to assume they know something as to a time frame.....I have a mortgage and a family that i have to worry about and i need to make sure they are taken care of while i am gone to OKC....i really need an idea as to if i will be going before january or after....ugh....this " i have no further info" is really going to cause financail problems if i dont hear somthing soon.
I feel the same way pilotguy20. This wait is annoying but the worst part is the lack of communication and lack of information that they give us. If I didn't know better I would call this a scam lol

dillthegreat

Rookie
Sep 7, 2011
LONG ISLAND NY
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that question man I would have a lot of dollars $$$$$$ lets hope we hear something this week.
I got this lady at my current job who asked me the other day (mind you I let them know when I applied for it in 2009 and when I got my TOL in June '11) "Whatever happened to that air thingy you were gonna do?" I told her it was ATC and was waiting for a class date to go to OKC. She responds with "Well, why don't you just go?" AND THE CLOUDS PARTED AND REVEALED THAT SOLUTION TO ALL MY YEARS OF WAITING...JUST GO...GLORIOUS!!!

planemanx15

Apr 17, 2011
NY
Not sure if you guys are following this issue, but they are trying to move the center as well as N90 into one facility and get it off Long Island. Personally, I think it is a good idea and in my opinion will happen (most likely somewhere in Upstate NY in my opinion); if anyone has a Newsday sub they can read this full article. I cant see it all FAA surveys LI workers about relocation
Funny you should bring this up, I took a pic of the article the other day to send to a friend.

dillthegreat

Rookie
Sep 7, 2011
LONG ISLAND NY
Funny you should bring this up, I took a pic of the article the other day to send to a friend.

I saw that article the other day and all I could think of when it said Albany has a chance was that I'm going to put in for a transfer as soon as I become a CPC (if that ever happens). Albany and its surroundings are rural dumps. Saratoga Springs is near there and is nice, but other than that, L.I. is so much more convenient. Maybe I'm just saying that as a 23 year old who lives in a suburb at a nice midpoint between NYC and the current NY facility, but I'll stand by it. One of the reasons why their considering offering such a huge incentive of 100% movement cost and $20k-ish bonus to relocate, because its definitely not because its more expensive to live in/near Albany than Long Island.
Zack Ryder agrees:

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
I think Albany would be a better idea than downstate, IMO. The cost is living is significantly lower there. The majority of Albany and the surrounding area (Colonie, Clifton Park, Saratoga, Delmar, etc) Are medium-dense suburbs that are not unlike Long Island; except for the fact that housing is like 40% cheaper. The cities of Albany, Schenectady, and Troy are not the greatest but the surrounding communities are actually very nice. Loudonville for example is one of the nicest towns in all of upstate. I have stayed there many times.

slickric3462

Jan 18, 2011
pa
terrible...the reason they're doing that is for budget cutbacks, no cip, no more 28% locality, cheaper salaries, and less money overall for retirement. working lv 12 traffic and getting paid less, awesome.

ssslyman

Rookie
Nov 22, 2011
North Carolina
I just wanted to give you guys an update.

I emailed MG today and this is the response I got:

"We have received our FY13 hiring numbers, however, I do not have a class seat available for you within the next 60 days. When we are within 60 days of a class date, I will contact you to discuss the class."

(My info: graduated May 2011, November 2011 panel, 3 February 2012 dated TOL, cleared around March)

*sigh* C'mon December!

Kleetus

Jan 18, 2009
Someplace

"We have received our FY13 hiring numbers, however, I do not have a class seat available for you within the next 60 days. When we are within 60 days of a class date, I will contact you to discuss the class."

(My info: graduated May 2011, November 2011 panel, 3 February 2012 dated TOL, cleared around March)

*sigh* C'mon December!
Sad to say this is the EXACT same e-mail I got back when I contacted MG today. Copy and paste...copy and paste.

st0k3d

Rookie
Sep 14, 2011
I for one hope they move the center upstate. Even on a controllers salary, you will be living a middle class, at best life on Long Island. Of course I still need to get selected...

planemanx15

Apr 17, 2011
NY

*sigh* C'mon December!

Did you ask her if you are in those fy13 numbers?

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012
I was picked up in the march 2012 panel for NY but since then got redirected for ZAU upon my request. Was told back in January that ZNY was going to hire about 150 people in the next three years. For all of you, your time will come soon enough.

dillthegreat

Rookie
Sep 7, 2011
LONG ISLAND NY

*sigh* C'mon December!
Still got plenty of people behind you from 2011 TOLs. Enjoy more waiting

Marcia

Reactor temps normal.
Oct 26, 2010
Denver
Yeah, apparently there are a ton of outstanding 2011 TOLs. I remember that from earlier this year.