Who's still hanging around?

If you've got a TOL but haven't started yet, which PUB are you from?

• Total voters

RdRunnr12

Epic Member
May 10, 2009
Cirrus, by the way, my PM box is full and I could never return your message...nope, I didn't get that amendment done yet.

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
You should be able to call your regional and find out where exactly you are on the list
I emailed my HR rep a few months ago with a bunch of questions, that was one of them. Her response was that because of people constant losing or gaining clearance position in line changes on a daily basis. So she couldn't tell me. I took that as, I don't really feel like looking it up so go away and don't bother me right now. It goes by date of TOL, it can't be too difficult to see how many people got theirs before me.

NiaX

Trusted Contributor
Sep 28, 2009
Derby City
I don't really care about them. I really just wanted to see how many people from 1-6 are still waiting. The lower the number the higher I am on the list for my facility when the FOLs start going out again.
well damn.. tell us how you really feel.

So much love....

Cirrus12

Epic Member
Nov 11, 2008
Purgatory
Cirrus, by the way, my PM box is full and I could never return your message...nope, I didn't get that amendment done yet.
Now that we're getting into summer more and more amended returns are starting to show up. Did one for a guy at work yesterday and then another one for a friend of a friend this morning. Just let me know when you're ready.

jhopman

Rookie
Dec 12, 2008
PUB 5.. Just cleared my medical after 11 months this week.. Supposed to be going to ZHU..No class date yet. Anyone know how to put in for a redirect?

lunchbox

Asst to Regional Manager
Jun 2, 2009
Port Orange, FL
Contact your HR rep. I think. You may also want to check out the "MGs May Update With FAQs" thread in the Employment General Discussion area. That was included in the update email and it's posted there.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
PUB 5.. Just cleared my medical after 11 months this week.. Supposed to be going to ZHU..No class date yet. Anyone know how to put in for a redirect?
Email your HR rep, tell her where you're interested in going. It requires the approval of both the ATMs at where you're leaving and where you're wanting to head.

You'll be placed in line for training at your new facility according to the reception of your TOL date, same as it is now. That means transferring isn't necessarily going to get you through the door any faster. If anything, it may be even slower -- it's reasonable to expect that the Centers that pushed people into the Academy this year won't be doing it as much next year, since they're busy with who they have so far. I'd guess that ZHU is one of the ones who'll have a few people go in early in FY11.

Also, you can call or email your rep to ask what place in line you are, if you like. A few of us have done that to try and get an idea of what our wait's gonna be like.

jhopman

Rookie
Dec 12, 2008
Cool.. Thanks for the information.. Do you know if you can go from a center to a TRACON or does it even matter since I have no training at all yet??

Icestorm

Rookie
May 23, 2010
Also, you can call or email your rep to ask what place in line you are, if you like. A few of us have done that to try and get an idea of what our wait's gonna be like.
My rep wouldn't tell me my place in line. She said that "place in line" is constantly changing (due to clearances expiring, etc.) of those who might be above me, or that someone might be put in above me if they did get their clearance done, due to the TOL date being before mine.

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Cool.. Thanks for the information.. Do you know if you can go from a center to a TRACON or does it even matter since I have no training at all yet??
Sure. It's a little easier at this point, since they don't have to worry about retraining someone who's always gone through the work of checking out in a different environment. No guarantee it'll happen at all, but you can always ask.

My rep wouldn't tell me my place in line. She said that "place in line" is constantly changing (due to clearances expiring, etc.) of those who might be above me, or that someone might be put in above me if they did get their clearance done, due to the TOL date being before mine.
Who's your rep? I've had success with two and others have had good results with a third one. Don't know why she wouldn't tell you. Go bug MG about it, she's great.

Anyway, she's really just confirmed what the others have said -- it depends on TOL date. If your clearances expire, yeah, you can't start, but that's why HR is having people renew them once they come up close to their Academy dates. It doesn't move you up in line any, unless they fail them on the second time around for some reason.

Captain_Corge

Dec 7, 2009
Austin, Texas
I don't know if this has been addressed elsewhere; but, given that I do know where I am on the list, is there a way I can find out what the projected openings are going to be at my facility?

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
i don't think they'll know till August/September.
Yep. HR doesn't have any idea what the budget's going to look like, since the Reauthorization bill may or may not have finally passed by then. Either way, it's hard to say how much of that will go towards getting new hires through the Academy.