Why 3 years for ATSAT retake

Davidian

Mar 31, 2010
Don't you wanna know?
Why is it that everyone can retake the AT-SAT after one year except CTI people? We have to wait 3 years. And yes I understand its the government, but does anyone have any kind of logical realy answer for why they have done that?

And if you don't believe me that its 3 years for CTI's, then call ACD yourself and hear it.

PapaGolf

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2009
Biscuit
Re: Why 3 years?

If you are CTI and you FAIL the test you may retake the ATSAT once more after a year from your original test date. But if you get Q (pass) you can't retest to get WQ until 3 years from original test date.

I stopped trying to apply logic to these sort of rules a long time ago.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH

Yes....I wouldn't worry about trying to "figure out" any of the rules throughout this entire process, you'll drive yourself nuts!

However...I don't think you have to wait the ENTIRE 3 years to retake. If you missed my thread in this section, my AT-SAT score will expire in August, but after calling ACD yesterday, she said she will put my name on the list to test in the March/April/May area. So, maybe they need a new score before the old one expires? Or maybe they're not as strict on the 3 years rule? I didn't ask her why she was doing this for me, just thanked her numerous times. lol

purpletw

Trusted Member
Dec 14, 2010

Maybe they think once you go through college and graduate you retain the information longer.

Davidian

Mar 31, 2010
Don't you wanna know?

Maybe they think once you go through college and graduate you retain the information longer.

The AT-SAT has nothing to do with "information" that you retain. Its a stupid aptitude test which measures pretty much nothing of your controller capability. I know of 100% At-sat ppl who wash out at the academy and 70% at-sat ppl who are some of the best controllers at their facility.

purpletw

Trusted Member
Dec 14, 2010

The AT-SAT has nothing to do with "information" that you retain. Its a stupid aptitude test which measures pretty much nothing of your controller capability. I know of 100% At-sat ppl who wash out at the academy and 70% at-sat ppl who are some of the best controllers at their facility.
Yeah my post was a joke. Something that might get implanted into a CTI graduate's mind that they will use later in arguements about why CTIs are better than such and such, etc. BUT, many of the rest of the people on here will know that it is not possible that the three year rule could ever be because CTIs are better at retaining information and therefore superior in any way.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Do it with me....ha ha ha ha ha

:lol:

lecoyle

I'm Banned For Unrespectable Reasons
Apr 17, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Why is it that everyone can retake the AT-SAT after one year except CTI people? We have to wait 3 years. And yes I understand its the government, but does anyone have any kind of logical realy answer for why they have done that?

And if you don't believe me that its 3 years for CTI's, then call ACD yourself and hear it.
That's because only CTI people take the test.

Davidian

Mar 31, 2010
Don't you wanna know?

Yeah my post was a joke. Something that might get implanted into a CTI graduate's mind that they will use later in arguements about why CTIs are better than such and such, etc. BUT, many of the rest of the people on here will know that it is not possible that the three year rule could ever be because CTIs are better at retaining information and therefore superior in any way.

Ha ha ha ha ha. Do it with me....ha ha ha ha ha

:lol:
ha............lol:puff:

just for the record...I would never say I am superior than anyone else. Whether I was CTI or not. (Just saying) lol