World Cup

psachs

Jan 8, 2009
Chicago
Do IB or any of the other providers have plans to show the World Cup this summer? I love me some soccer viewing parties.

psachs

Jan 8, 2009
Chicago
Here's the match schedule. I can't figure out if the times are GMT or South Africa (GMT+2). Either way, there are lots of games that would air starting in the mid-afternoon in OKC. Perfect for getting out of early classes...

stasi2002

Feb 2, 2009
ZFW
world cup is covered by espn and abc, i believe, so shouldnt matter.....games shouldnt be that late south african time is same as germany and last time germany hosted it games were mid day and on

Towerbrat

Newcomer
Apr 27, 2010
Fairfax, VA
It should be about 7hrs ahead of us..which is not bad comparing to last World Cup. It's refreshing to know we are able to watch it on tv. I hate to resort to online feeds. Can't wait!

RedBaron

Academy Housing Provider
Apr 22, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Do IB or any of the other providers have plans to show the World Cup this summer? I love me some soccer viewing parties.
We will see what interest there is when time rolls around. Be sure to let us know when you check in it is something you are interested in. Michelle does a great job of responding to requests for special events if there is enough interests.

Cheers,:cheers:
The RedBaron

FiestyScottie

Newcomer
Apr 19, 2010
Seattle
ESPN360 will be broadcasting games online.

Y'all have fun watching it on tv, I'll be watching it live in person in South Africa!

RollTide

Aug 12, 2009
Arizona
I will be staying at Kim's Place this summer and plan on having a party for every game I can...lol I will be using the DVR for all the games I am unable to watch live. As long as Kim doesn't mind soccer hooligans over I will plan a few gatherings. See ya'll soon.