XBox or Motorcycle?

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Anyone planning on bringing an XBox? Or anyone riding to OKC? I was thinking I might ride down from Iowa through Missouri and Arkansas. Fellow riders welcome

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
you got a redirect to St. Louis? I thought you were going to KDAB now? Anyhoo, I have a good buddy who moved to St. Louis last year for work and he really likes it there.
Yeah I got the verbal "You will definitely get KDAB," should have known it would be too good to be true and the FAA would say "He livin in Daytona and he want Daytona and we have 5 spots for Daytona? Aww hell naw we gonna send this dude from Washington state instead." I sent my rep an email to forward to the ATO saying I would like to stay in FL seeing as how I have never even been to Missouri, but whatever, I'll roll with it if need be. I have heard the place is a dump, though, and I hate the Cardinals. Oh and it's 1000+ miles further from the beach than I would prefer to live. I've spoiled me self rotten living 5 houses from the beach for $500/mo.

Reactions: SirMario

SirMario

Senior Analyst
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I got the verbal "You will definitely get KDAB," should have known it would be too good to be true and the FAA would say "He livin in Daytona and he want Daytona and we have 5 spots for Daytona? Aww hell naw we gonna send this dude from Washington state instead." I sent my rep an email to forward to the ATO saying I would like to stay in FL seeing as how I have never even been to Missouri, but whatever, I'll roll with it if need be. I have heard the place is a dump, though, and I hate the Cardinals. Oh and it's 1000+ miles further from the beach than I would prefer to live. I've spoiled me self rotten living 5 houses from the beach for $500/mo.
Why would you want to work at KDAB? ugh, work more traffic than KMCO. lol...But the 500/month is nice...

Rumplestilskin

Jul 8, 2010
Rum? What's Rum?
A friend of mine living in OKC had his custom rocket stolen just before Thanksgiving. Not sure what the circumstances were but he was pretty upset about it. It was probably dismantled hours after its disappearance. Make sure you lock those forks.

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Leave the xbox at home. You will have plenty of time for that in Moline if you make it that far.
I'd expect that animosity from my wife, but not you ladies, lol. Moline wasn't my first choice I must admit, but if staffing levels are okay I will check out fast. I hear there is plenty of time to play golf, bar hop, and do other stuff on the weekends so...

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
A friend of mine living in OKC had his custom rocket stolen just before Thanksgiving. Not sure what the circumstances were but he was pretty upset about it. It was probably dismantled hours after its disappearance. Make sure you lock those forks.
Ya, I won't bring it unless I'm staying at Kims. Phillyman, what do you have?

007hamster

Feb 25, 2009
NATCA Meeting
Awesome bike, I have an '83 Kawasaki CSR 305 belt drive that looks exactly the same. Having trouble with the points ignitions system though. I rode an '04 SV650s a few years until I sold it in June to pay bills :/

I might be driving from SEA to OKC not looking forward to it but KPUB is pretty close to OKC so I might as well.

phillyman2633

Epic Member
May 13, 2010
International waters
www.drudgereport.com
Thanks guys gosh I'm blushing like a Saigon streetwalker...yeah I bought it last July, it's my first bike picked it up with 10k original miles on it for $1200, freakin love it. It's shaft drive, so it's pretty much bulletproof. I ride it to work every day, starts right up even when it hits the occasional 30 degrees down here in FL. It's mechanically and cosmetically perfect, other than the few spotlets of rust it's starting to pick up on account of the ocean breeze, but that is to be expected here.

@Chris I'm waiting to hear back from CS on whether I have another option besides MO but if I end up at the academy in March bound for T75 yes I'll be moving right to STL from there and double hell yes we'll be cruising for some Oklahoma mullet-clad Marlboro Red-toting trailer goddesses

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Last I heard they had like 7 trainees..... ahead of you and the matrix is to get you through the program in 1 1/2 to 2 years.... some are going over that of course.
Actually they have 2 trainees... hey you learn something new everyday :)

Chrisr_Conley

Rookie
Jan 8, 2013
Oh well, see you when you get here. I'd live on the Iowa side... maybe Pleasant Vally or Bettendorf.
Ya I was 1 of 3 that had TOL's for the tower, and 2 got through the academy last year before sequestration. I think the tower manager had requested 5 so I'm sure they'll be getting more in the up coming bid