YAY!

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
Obviously we have our own section of the SM to BS with until we find out a lot more information on TD jobs, publications (FM series), style of work, etc... so feel free, if you have any valid information, to post it here regarding Train Dispatch.

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
Congrats on your new job/forum. I'm hoping that after I graduate CTI I can get a TD job until the FAA calls me.

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
are you should you'd want to take a 20-30K pay cut for more than 5 years, sorry ATC, but i'm stickin with TD, there's nothing smarter. bottom end start out is 20K more than you and top end is about 30K less, but in Texas where 100K will treat you and your family like a king, i'm not sure that little 30K will matter, TD goes above 100K anyways, not sure what tho, thinking time in accounts to some of the pay, but does the FAA give an annual benefits package of 22K? BNSF DOES! BWAHAHA!

GolfJuliet

'Merica
Oct 29, 2009
It'll just depend on the situation at the time. Hopefully I don't have to wait more than a year or two. If all went according to plan I would get a TD workin with you in FW. I really don't wanna leave Texas, then after a year or so the FAA would call. I really wanna work at GGG. It's a level 7 90 miles south of where I live now, the pay would be good, and I could live in the country and still raise my cows. I've always been fascinated with ATC and aviation and the pay is just icing on the cake. I've never really looked into TD though. The pay would be close to the same, so if I love it I might just stay.

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
you get your offer letter yet bro? i'm waiting for my background check to come back, but i finished everything else, i'm not worried about the background check in general, just the amount of time it will take for virginia to get it back to verifications.

NizmoSR20

The Silver Bullet
Jul 28, 2009
Ft. Worth, Texas!
well just got a call from BNSF, still gonna get my FOL today, even though there are several of us from virginia waiting on our background checks to come back. They say if there's anything incriminating the FOL will be taken back and yadda yadda. Nothing to worry about on my end, I just initially thought that if Virginia didn't get my background check back in time i'd lose the job offer. So to all of you who will be going thru this same process later on in your lives... As long as you do what you're supposed to, they cant take away your Offer letter unless YOU"VE done something wrong. They cant take away an offer cause a state is being slow on a process they're been paid to do.