ZAU - Chicago Center Hiring Information

ATC4

Newcomer
Apr 4, 2012
Re: ZAU - Chicago Center

This may be a stupid question but do the hr reps call you as soon as they find out your class date?

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012

Was just told today that I'm now 9th in line. A month and a half ago I was told I was 1st or 2nd for The 2nd half of the FY, So take that for what you will...
Being 9th probably includes the people who were given Jan-March class dates. Atleast I'm hoping that's the case...

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

Being 9th probably includes the people who were given Jan-March class dates. Atleast I'm hoping that's the case...
I really really hope that is correct. I'm trying hard not to think about it too much.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

If you don't have an FOL yet, I wouldn't expect one anytime in the near future.

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012

If you don't have an FOL yet, I wouldn't expect one anytime in the near future.
Uh oh...Why do you say that? I was told numbers for ZAU for April-June classes are not known yet..

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009

Uh oh...Why do you say that? I was told numbers for ZAU for April-June classes are not known yet..
We were told all hiring is on a pause, unless the person already has an FOL. This would apply to new hires, as well as transfers who were supposed to come to the center. The time frame for this pause is indefinite.

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012

Sequestration....how you took the wind out of our sails

wicks01

Newcomer
Apr 6, 2011
Naperville, IL

Watch the news, it applies to you. The Congress across the board cuts are coming. Go to NATCA's website and read about the sequestration. Then write your congressman.

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012

yep he's right, just got word from a credible source at ZAU via email that "enroute is frozen" regardless of the sequester. If the sequester does happen it will make our journey to OKC even longer. Not the news I wanted but atleast I know.

E

ERAUccp11

hey guys I emailed KB regarding FOL's for March class dates and this is what I got back word for word via her email reply;

"As of right now, we get daily updates on sending FOL's and TOL's out. At this time, we are not allowed to send out FOL's for any March classes due to the unknown outcome of the sequestration. Hopefully, we get the "go-ahead" sooner than later."

doesnt sound promising but my fingers are crossed

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

Ouch... but not unexpected... hopefully we make 1 hurdle and avoid sequestration on March 1st. I don't think were getting a single piece of info before then.

jsweet2176

Sep 16, 2009
Illinois

Hey Everyone! this probably won't excite any of you, but I just got my TOL switched from ZBW to ZAU. I know things are stalled out from the Sequester so I won't even ask about class dates.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA

Hey Everyone! this probably won't excite any of you, but I just got my TOL switched from ZBW to ZAU. I know things are stalled out from the Sequester so I won't even ask about class dates.
was there a reason for that?