ZAU - Chicago Center Hiring Information

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011
Re: ZAU - Chicago Center

Bears are gonna stomp your laptop stealing QB this year :)
Whoa!! Thems fightin words right there haha. And remember, that laptop stealing QB just had the greatest rookie season in NFL history. Can't say I'm too concerned about your Bears. Only reason you beat us last year was because by the time we played you, our defense was depleated, and we STILL almost won.

Tis all in good fun though.

deansouthpaw

Mar 31, 2011
Chicago, IL

Whoa!! Thems fightin words right there haha. And remember, that laptop stealing QB just had the greatest rookie season in NFL history. Can't say I'm too concerned about your Bears. Only reason you beat us last year was because by the time we played you, our defense was depleated, and we STILL almost won.

Tis all in good fun though.
The Panthers were depleted? We were dismantled because of injuries! Haha I could defend my team all day but I'll save it for the season and quit hijacking the thread.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

The Panthers were depleted? We were dismantled because of injuries! Haha I could defend my team all day but I'll save it for the season and quit hijacking the thread.
God help us if we get the same class date and we room together lol

ignoramus89

Rookie
May 3, 2010

Yeah basically what Panther said.

Both me and him have names that start past the letter O. Any last names past O got cut off in a pdf that was sent from the contractor to HR with all the interview results.

So basically who knows how long it would've taken us to get a TOL if we hadn't bugged HR.

Lesson? Nicely but aggressively make sure things are getting done and getting done correctly until you land that class date.
Thats comforting. Thank god for this forum, otherwise I would still be waiting for an email thats never going to come.

sethcollier

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana

How many others, from any panel, have received all clearances and are just waiting on a class date? My HR rep will not tell me how many people are ahead of me to get a class date, but said that he will be receiving the 2013 numbers for ZAU late August, and should be able to give me a "tentative" date then.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

How many others, from any panel, have received all clearances and are just waiting on a class date? My HR rep will not tell me how many people are ahead of me to get a class date, but said that he will be receiving the 2013 numbers for ZAU late August, and should be able to give me a "tentative" date then.
I'm just waiting on my fingerprint card in the mail. I'm not aware of anyone other than you that is any farther ahead than that.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

I requested a redirect, which was denied by the Service Area due to low staffing numbers at ZAU. HOPE?!
And why wouldn't you want to go to ZAU? We don't bite haha. Low staffing numbers. That sounds promising for a quick class date.

Mycel

Newcomer
Jun 12, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

I got selected for ZAU during spring panel.

Interview - 5/2 @ ZAB
Pre-TOL - 5/4
TOL - 6/12

Only thing is TOL has the wrong name on it. JA has to redo the letter, but is currently out of the office. I will receive a corrected TOL tomorrow, was advised to wait on making all the appointments as the facilities probably got the wrong name on their lists also. :willy:

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

All clear and waiting for a class date. Was told to call mid to late August for a possible idea on when to expect a class date. Hopefully right around October 1st.

sethcollier

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana

My redirect request to ZJX or ZMA was denied. HR says there are currently only 33 in process for ZAU, and at least 60 in process for ZJX and ZMA both. That sounds promising! I think the "in process" includes anyone currently at the Academy and everyone waiting for a class date. He also said facilities send anywhere from two to six people to the Academy at a time.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

Well here's to hoping were in the top 6. Any idea on if they have any kind of order formed yet? I was told to call back in August but if they have info now then why wait? Its not so much the waiting that's so bad. Its the not knowing how long ill be waiting.

sethcollier

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana

He said he will have the numbers that each facility will be able to send to the Academy during FY2013, as well as how frequently each facility will be able to send people to the Academy for FY2013, sometime early September. He said he could not tell me where I am in the lineup because numbers are fluid.

I am hoping that there are a few people at the Academy now, and a few people that have been given class dates for the remainder of this year. There is one class in progress and four classes before next year that could subtract from that 33. That could cut the number down from 33 to somewhere between 15 and 20 people to get class dates sometime during the next fiscal year.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

September huh? Not the news I was hoping for. I'm still going to call in a couple weeks and see if I can coax out a little more info. Thanks man.