ZAU - Chicago Center Hiring Information

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011
Re: ZAU - Chicago Center

Hey what is everybody's TOL date? Maybe we can come up with some sort of order among us at least. Mine is May 29th.

sethcollier

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana

Mine is May 11th. RA said there were 33 in process on July 23rd. That number included anyone who was at the Academy at that time (whether just beginning or just ending), anyone who had an FOL at that time, and anyone who had a TOL at that time. I am guessing that close to twenty have gone through, or are at the Academy now, since then. Thus, making anyone with a TOL from last panel less than 15th in line.

deansouthpaw

Mar 31, 2011
Chicago, IL

BS, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier. I have May 29 as well. 33 in mid-July sounds good. I think we're doing good guys. Keep your heads up; good news might be right around the corner.

JoshATC

Epic Member
Jun 27, 2010
ZLA CPC
PantherMan:216504 said:
If there is only 1 class that ended last week for enroute, then it was 12 pass and 4 failed... from what I have heard.
Doesnt that leave 2 uncounted for as the classes have 18?

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

Doesnt that leave 2 uncounted for as the classes have 18?
That's a good catch Josh. I could have my number of passing students wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what I was told. I'm sure atsats can answer that better than me as he was actually in the class.

Compton

Newcomer
Jan 9, 2012
Fishers, IN

Hey guys. I got my TOL March 22nd 2012 for ZAU. I haven't recieved a class date yet. My adviser told me back in June that Chicago Center was done hiring till the new fiscal year (October 2012) and told me to not expect to hear anything until then.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

Wow!! March. Looks like this guy is front of our little pack here so far.

Compton

Newcomer
Jan 9, 2012
Fishers, IN

haha... Dude, you're kinda new here aren't you?
Yeah, I have been checking this site often for the past couple years (graduated CTI Dec '10) to see how everyone is progressing, then decided to post a bit to help others out in knowing who else is waiting.

czylgs

Newcomer
Apr 30, 2011
Chicago, IL

I haven't been able to find any info myself, but figure it doesn't hurt ask a few people in the process or at the facility. Has there been any ZAU hiring estimates released for FY2013?

I'm graduating CTI in December and ZAU is far and away my #1 preference. Just found out within the last couple weeks that they are not accepting interns for the fall semester, which puts a damper on getting a foot in the door.

bcook2516

Rookie
Nov 1, 2010
Chicago, IL
I emailed a natca rep for zau yesterday and he said they should be taking around 35 into the facility fy 13...but he couldn't tell me where I was on the list...anybody else got any other info?

sethcollier

Rookie
Jul 16, 2011
Martinsville, Indiana

I am really hoping we hear something about a class date by the end of next week. None of us can be very far down the list. Hopefully they send a few ZAU bound people every class for the first quarter!

Ryan86

Apr 6, 2012

I emailed a natca rep for zau yesterday and he said they should be taking around 35 into the facility fy 13...but he couldn't tell me where I was on the list...anybody else got any other info?
If that number is true then that just made my day. I've been waiting two years to get to the academy, almost there!

ignoramus89

Rookie
May 3, 2010

I had sent my hr rep an email back in early august about my background check, and had finally just received an email back from her yesterday, so that may go to show how busy they are. She also said at the bottom of the email that they still dont have any numbers to start filling up classes yet, but expect to hear something in a few weeks. At least I heard SOMETHING.

astats87

Oct 11, 2010
I'm right here

That's a good catch Josh. I could have my number of passing students wrong but I'm pretty sure that is what I was told. I'm sure atsats can answer that better than me as he was actually in the class.
yeah they wanted to try something new, so they only had 16 people in our class.. and yes that's correct 75% pass rate in my class.

PantherMan

Mar 4, 2011

So has anyone going to ZAU heard anything yet or gotten a date at all? Waiting sucks lol

ignoramus89

Rookie
May 3, 2010

Nope. I got excited last friday when I heard a friend got a call for ZFW. I have to learn to stop getting excited.