Zau dates

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
Went to Priscillas soulfood cafeteria to celebrate doing the security clearance application, lol! All the previous information was saved from the last time, thank goodness!!

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
I can't get in .. Forgot one of my golden questions.. Didn't get in from work in time to call and get it reset.. Hopefully I can get it done tomorrow (at work)

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
Yeah I received the email. Shoot LH an email. We got the email yesterday, so you haven't missed out on much. :)

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
I recieved as well.

I to fax two forms to a guy in OKC, and then they will initiate the EQIP for me.

Also I guess they are mailing us finger prints cards to do...

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
Got my finger print card! But I cant get it done any where around here, until NEXT SATURDAY! I've called all the surrounding burbs and I have to be a resident and they wont do it. Oh well.

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
You in Chicago? You can get it done at the FAA Regional Office in Des Plaines. That should be where you'll mail the fingerprints to anyway so it'll save you a step.

Last edited:

TimShady

Senior Analyst
Mar 12, 2009
Chicago
No problem. You might want to call ahead though. When I went I just walked in and asked, they said sure but people usually call ahead to make sure someone will be there that knows how to fingerprint. Just FYI.

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
I have everything in now, all necessary medical and security finished.

Anyone have any inight into potential FY 2012 class dates??

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
I emailed LH on Mon to check. I have not heard anything back yet. Outside of the medical/security refresh emails.. I have not touched base with him in several months, so I figured I would try and get a status update. I'll let you know what he says.. If I get a response.

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
It's pretty depressing how old this thread is. And to think when I was the first person to reply that I was still waiting with the rest of you.

Not much has happened in the last 2 years to anyone in here except me, I'm not sure anyone else that posted in this thread has even started here yet.

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
I think Flash00 is the only other one.. I got an email back from LH today, telling me probably between Feb&Apr I would get a class date.. Depending on when my security refresh goes through.. That will be just shy of 4 years since I applied to Pub5 and was selected.. I really hope to get a class date.. Can't imagine having to wait until another FY.. I truly believe this will be the year for most of us waiting.. Mbalunda. U sure lucked out man.. You definately are the exception.. It is good to know your doing well. That gives hope to the rest of us OTS individuals.

I know there is only the one Dec basics class.. I think we get through the holidays and new year, people will start to really see some movement..

I'm flying up to Chicago Jan 12th and staying at the Fairmont downtown with a buddy of mine from back home if anyone wants to meet up for a drink or something.. I have no reason to come.. Just like to visit once a year to keep the dream alive..

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
Thats good news. When did you complete your security paperwork? How long does it usually take to have this completed? I know this go round medicals are getting finalized a lot quicker than two years ago. Hopefully the same is with security.

I also wonder if they still send a letter to your current employer???

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
I was offered a class date for January 6th yesterday!!! PLEASE KEEP IN MIND: I took the finger prints directly at the FAA last tuesday in Des Plaines which saved time.

Here is the date range for this class 1/6/12- 5/9/12. For some reason I thought this was a five or six months training, but that is all good. My lease is up at the end of December -- could NOT have come at better time

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
Wow!! That's awesome!! Great news for you. Hopefully the rest of us won't be too far behind you..

JMichaelo-- I had all my security stuff in right before Thanksgiving. I am not sure if they will send a letter to your employer, I know they did last time. It seems like most people that have had to re-do them have gotten class dates before it would even matter, so that's a good thing. My employer last time was not too happy.. I still work for the same company and they asked me about it when I accepted a new position and transferred.. I told them it probably wasn't going to happen.. (just to appease them) but if they get one this time.. I could lose my job for sure.. I work in construction and we are constantly letting people go.. So, I really hope they dont....