Zau dates

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
@satoya- was this for your security clearance refresh, or were you contacted to do it, having already done one for your refresh.... IE to get a class date??

@ineedatc-have you heard anything at the academy about slots for ZAU hires??
how has your first week or so been??

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
@satoya .. Funny you were told April probably.. And I was given a Feb likely.. Yet you have a class date and I don't... Freakin my luck!!!

Did you guys see the (405) area code and about die? Haha

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
Yea I looked at the missed call and almost blacked out. I started a new job last Monday and now I have to leave it. But not complaining since it has been so long...

satoya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2009
Chicago
Congrats jmichalo!! Yea I saw the 405 but was confused because my job hdq's is 435 so I was clueles till I checked my voicemail.
@dodo that is a lil random, but I knew theY had to get thru Chicago PEPC b4 they move on to the ppl who went in ATL. So I was pretty much banking on April, planning vacays and everything smh

So glad I don't have to spend the whole summer in OKC! Whew!

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
Yeah.. I thought I had been told by LH in the past that veterans got some kind of bump up the chain,and perhaps that may have afforded me an earlier class date , but I think that kind of stuff changes all the time so who knows.. Hopefully I'm not too far behind.. Congrats again!!

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
U guys looked into where your staying? I have my wife an 1 year old.. So I have to find something affordable and quite...

ineedatc

Trusted Contributor
Dec 14, 2008
Chi-town
@ineedatc-have you heard anything at the academy about slots for ZAU hires??
how has your first week or so been??
AWESOME EVERYONE!!! SO happy! I knew you guys would get the call. Some one here said that in the last panel ZAU picked up like 40 people, so I am glad that they are getting you guys through here.

So far this week I am doing okay. We just had our second test. My average on the two tests is an around 88 or 89. I was wondering what it was, could it be lack of sleep? Was it because I was unemployed for over a year (did my brain shut down, lol)? I think it is just me. I am taking it one day at a time. Though I am type a 'A' personality, a trait that a lot of ATCers seems to have, I was never a good 'student'. I wish there was a mixture of shadowing/OTJ and class work. That is how I learn best.

That being said, my class is awesome and they have all offered to help grasp block 3. It is a lot of information, but its good to know there is help all over the place if you need it.

Someone came to speak to us this week and they stated that the ATSAT was to measure your ability to multi task.

Anyway, I am so excited for you guys!!! YES! :)

satoya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2009
Chicago
Im actually having a lil difficulty finding a spot myself. I didn't think I would have a problem because I don't mind using the whole housing per diem but a lot of places are booked till April & March. I may have to post up in a hotel till something comes available. I thought this part would be easy!!! Lol

Rosstafari

Daaaang.
Aug 17, 2008
/X
Congrats guys. It's been a long time coming... you're the end of that generation, I think. Good luck to you.