Zau dates

Gintz72

Jul 15, 2009
Quick question, and may seem common sense. Those 3-4 ZAU washouts, in theory, help those people who have yet to get their FOL, being that they need to fill those spots, correct?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Quick question, and may seem common sense. Those 3-4 ZAU washouts, in theory, help those people who have yet to get their FOL, being that they need to fill those spots, correct?
I would say not necessarily. I've got to imagine they put the numbers together expecting some attrition.

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
sorry one more question, how long are you in AG pay?

Do you need to pass something to get to D1 pay?

satoya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2009
Chicago
Are you talking the training just upstairs, or the total time to CPC? D-side training is about 8 weeks upstairs, then after you get all your D-sides you'll do another couple months upstairs for radar class. It's possble to CPC in 18 months, but no guarantee. Some take longer, some take shorter than that. So far at zau I've seen people check out in 13 months, and I've seen people still training on their D-sides after 2.5+ years.
This was posted a few entries ago.

satoya

Rookie
Jan 23, 2009
Chicago
For others who are waiting to come to training. We have 9 ppl in class today hopefully we'll finish with 9. Hope that helps out anyone wondering where there are in line.

jmichalo

Rookie
May 20, 2009
How are we paid the $90 per day per diem? My goal is to pocket about half of that amount.

Do we get a check bi weekly or how does this work, can someone explain the best way to go about this?

Thanks.

Gintz72

Jul 15, 2009
I saw the class schedule for OKC, and theres like a class every other week starting up, anyone know when the next one is for ZAU bound people?

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
I saw the class schedule for OKC, and theres like a class every other week starting up, anyone know when the next one is for ZAU bound people?
The only thing I've heard is that the next 20 people coming to ZAU from OKC are NOT coming to my area, which makes me a sad panda. Also that group is supposed to replace the folks retiring in 2014-15. Which is ridiculous since my area is already hurting. I'm getting scheduled for 5 swings every other week as staffing because we have no one to cover any shifts since we've had so many people leave and they do everything they can to avoid OT.

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
Wow that sucks dude.. How are your R-sides coming along? We have a good class at the academy.. There are 9 of us for ZAU and everyone is doing well in Basics so far.. Not sure if that is saying much or not (since its just basics) but I feel like everyone should make it through and see you at the center by the end of June. Do you have any idea what sectors they are wanting to put us all in? And what do you mean by leaving? Retiring.. Or just transferring etc:

mbalunda

Epic Member
Jan 31, 2009
Do you have any idea what sectors they are wanting to put us all in? And what do you mean by leaving? Retiring.. Or just transferring etc:
A combination of leaving and retiring. We just had one retire this month, another retiring in June, one swapped this month, and at least two more changing facilities over the summer. Lots of people are elgible to retire, so more could go this year too, but no one has announced anything yet. There always seems to be at least one a year who retires before they are forced out and doesn't mention it until their last day lol

There are only three trainees who might have the possibility of checking out this year, so we won't even be replacing what we will lose and we were already down a CPC line in the schedule from last year. Next couple of years won't be looking so good staffing wise, on the bright side I'll probably be getting OT on a regular basis over the summer.

Gintz72

Jul 15, 2009
A combination of leaving and retiring. We just had one retire this month, another retiring in June, one swapped this month, and at least two more changing facilities over the summer. Lots of people are elgible to retire, so more could go this year too, but no one has announced anything yet. There always seems to be at least one a year who retires before they are forced out and doesn't mention it until their last day lol

There are only three trainees who might have the possibility of checking out this year, so we won't even be replacing what we will lose and we were already down a CPC line in the schedule from last year. Next couple of years won't be looking so good staffing wise, on the bright side I'll probably be getting OT on a regular basis over the summer.
Boo, so you think it'll be tough to get a class date any time soon?

DODO_STNX

Trusted Member
Aug 27, 2009
Chicago
My class is about 6 weeks behind the Jan 6 class.. So six weeks or so behind us would be the beginning of April.. You guys will probably get calls for a May class or so since they have filled quite a bit of April.. Have you touched base with HR?