ZDC November 2011 Selectees

davismd2

Rookie
May 26, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Isn't it fair to say at this point in the game that there is just simply no rhyme or reason to any decision or selection? We are all first hand witness to multiple choices being made multiple different ways, selection process, TOL's, FOL's.

I sat with a college degree for 2.5 years before a TOL. Other who graduated after me got TOL's 6 months out of college. None of it makes any sense, i think that's just all there is to it. Thoughts?
Yeah I couldn't agree more. At this point I'm just happy to have been selected. I know several people from my graduating class (MCTC May 2010) who have still not been selected. The whole process has been incredibly frustrating/perplexing for me and my family. I have given up trying to understand. I'm ready to go to work!

zobel0022

Rookie
Jul 25, 2011
Miami
:-( I did notice that and wondered the same thing, there are at least a few people who have TOL dates days and even a couple months before me, as far as clearance date, I don't think that explains much, I also went through tier 2 and was'nt fully cleared until mid September yet received a class date of 12/19, I was told that people had denied the date in hopes of going after the holidays but I still scratch my head. While I do feel like one of the lucky ones I also feel bad for the November panel guys and those ahead of me...
You are going to ZDC? If so I didn't relies they would put any people going to ZDC in another class besides the Nov 29th class.

fait622

Newcomer
Oct 22, 2012
Just got off the phone with MG, got some bad news. She tells me that ZDC got its numbers cut in half and ther is almost no chance that she could get me in FY13. Thinking about looking into a redirect to NC terminal if that's possible.

Panel: Nov 2011
TOL : 3/15/12

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
Just got off the phone with MG, got some bad news. She tells me that ZDC got its numbers cut in half and ther is almost no chance that she could get me in FY13. Thinking about looking into a redirect to NC terminal if that's possible.

Did you ask her about redirects?

rain621

Dec 7, 2011
Winchester, VA

thats really unfortunate, we shouldn't be forced to wait that long and not given an opportunity for a redirect proactively; Oh well, I guess this is what we get for trying to get hired by the government

:eek:

atc3400

Sep 27, 2011
Richmond, VA
i'm really annoyed. why does everything have to be such a secret? why can't they just tell us where we are in the line compared to others? why can't they tell us how many people are going...or more importantly how those people even got selected in the first place?? I got selected last year and have no idea why my name/number was picked over anyone elses. i'm a qualified individual who could probably apply to other jobs at USAJOBS and have chosen not to do so because i'm waiting for this thing to actually materialize.

ahhhh. so annoyed.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
Im not sure if I am believing this one! Anyone else?
I would like to not believe it because it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and the source has never posted here before. However, the FAA is straight up crazy, so I can also see it being true.

I am writing a more involved e-mail than usual to HR to try to get some clarification on this. Will let you know if I get any information.

JosueZQ8

Senior Analyst
Feb 18, 2009
Amherst, OH
Hey, at least it's a response other than the "we don't know, just be patient, we'll call you when we have a spot for you" I've been getting. lol

fait622

Newcomer
Oct 22, 2012
I've never posted before because I have never had any useful information before, but I can understand being skeptical.

Basically MG told me that they have been assigning candidates to facilities based on how many controllers there are at or approaching retirement eligibility; however, if said controllers do not actually retire the facility will take fewer candidates.

I would have gone into more detail earlier but I was in a bad mood and had some shit to do, sorry kids.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
I've never posted before because I have never had any useful information before, but I can understand being skeptical.

Basically MG told me that they have been assigning candidates to facilities based on how many controllers there are at or approaching retirement eligibility; however, if said controllers do not actually retire the facility will take fewer candidates.

I would have gone into more detail earlier but I was in a bad mood and had some shit to do, sorry kids.
That makes sense. I just don't understand what would have changed in the last 2 weeks or whatever when everyone was saying they would be getting 45 new hires this year. This process is such a nightmare.

CraZyAzN911

Jan 4, 2011
ZDC
That makes sense. I just don't understand what would have changed in the last 2 weeks or whatever when everyone was saying they would be getting 45 new hires this year. This process is such a nightmare.
when i called MG last week before class dates started coming out, she said that class dates haven't been assigned because they were "redoing the numbers." So there may be truth to this.

rogersjf

Trusted Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
New Jersey
Get used to it if your headed to ZDC, cross training of the new sectors should be complete by now however there is still a backlog of people to get trained. People who were in my class started on the floor D-side a couple months ago. (OKC date was Nov'11)

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
My TOL is 3/5 and I was reaffirmed today that unless the numbers get dropped later in the year, I will get an FY13 date. I guess you know if your TOL is before 3/5 then you're in even better shape than that.

AC2

Rookie
Nov 17, 2011
My TOL is 3/5 and I was reaffirmed today that unless the numbers get dropped later in the year, I will get an FY13 date. I guess you know if your TOL is before 3/5 then you're in even better shape than that.
Did MG say anything about the numbers being cut?

Jabroni19

Rookie
Aug 28, 2012
haha...you are on the cusp my friend. My TOL is 3/7, and I was told today that I most likely will not make this FY, however it is possible through ppl not making clearances and class date denials and such.

On another note...I heard someone heading for ZDC washed out at OKC today...

And yes...the numbers got sliced down the middle like a game of fruit ninja.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
She did not say anything to me about the numbers being cut. She said "if they get cut, then no guarantees". Also, the ZDC training manager is still expecting 45 as of yesterday, but admitted that things are fluid because of the federal budget.

rhd9b

Trusted Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
VA
maybe we're miscalculating. maybe the order isn't actually based on TOL date...